Hey, if Eli could come around... (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
maybe Reggie will.

Totally different position and situation I know, I'm just saying.

hopefully so. But i wouldn't mind having a big ole Brandon Jacobs in our backfield either. Reggie + Jacobs = sure super bowl title lol

Jacobs really shocked me this year. I thought the Giants would suck at running and Eli would have a lot of passing yards this season. He runs hard and gets the job done.

The Giant's line plays a huge role in the run game. They can plug anyone back there and they'll do well. When Jacob was injured early in the season, they put in Derrick Ward and he was running like mad. Jacobs came back and finished the season like a mad man. Hell even Bradshaw ran well when he got carries.

The Giant's line plays a huge role in the run game. They can plug anyone back there and they'll do well.

Pretty much. It's basically an offensive line of 5 interior linemen. They're great in the run game but i'm sure Eli wishes he had a legit LT.

The New York Giants in the Superbowl just doesn't sound right on paper...Eli has come out of nowhere.

Dude Reggie had a subpar year of almost 1,000 all purpose yards and Eli has had a bad career up to this point. Get out of here with all this anti Reggie talk.

Dude Reggie had a subpar year of almost 1,000 all purpose yards and Eli has had a bad career up to this point. Get out of here with all this anti Reggie talk.

Wow, I'm a huge Reggie fan/supporter. Doesn't mean I don't think he still has a chance to come around and become the player we all think he can be.

I didn't take it as anti Reggie at all. One of the big things about Eli, IMO, is the amount he's seemed to mature as a quarterback. I think Reggie definitely needs to mature some.

Most fans (even Giants fans) don't realize the Giants have been to the Playoffs every season Eli has been a starter. And this is the first season the Giants have had a top 10 ranked D. In the first two seasons that Eli started, the Giants D was ranked 24 and 25. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened before but I can't think of any other QB who has taken their team to the Playoffs three years in a row and two of those years has a 24/25th ranked D.

Although clearly Eli has been playing well in the Playoffs, In my opinion the reason this team has gone this far is primarily attributable to the over-achieving play of the Defense.

As both a supporter and friend of Reggie, I did not even have a problem with the first post in this thread. I do not think it a harsh criticism although it assumes that Reggie's play has been just as lackluster as Eli's. I have seen much worst on this board and am willing to give the OP the benefit of doubt and presume that he just wants to see Reggie become the type of player we believe he is capable of being.

Those of you who pointed out the success of the Giants O-line are absolutely right. Those guys get off the ball fast and move the defensive line backwards. As Spam pointed out, however, they lack a quality LT and will certainly need to address that position in the very near future. With so many tackles coming out this year, they will have the opportunity to do just that.

Pierre thomas can be that guy

Not even close -

Brandon Jacobs 6' 4" 264 lb.
Pierre Thomas 5' 11" 210 lb.

Jacobs is almost the size of a Guard. Thomas is typical NFL RB size. I agree after the Bears game that Thomas deserves more touches. And that Thomas might help lessen the sting if the Saints can't re sign Stecker but he and Jacobs are two different style backs entirely.....

To me Eli has been all but been forgotten in the shadow of the almighty Peyton. I'd love to see him come out and have awesome game.
If Eli does win, maybe there will be a decrease in Peyton commercials.
That would be nice.

This has been an absolutely bizarre football season. Watching Eli in the Super Bowl is going to cap off the bizarre-ness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom