Hey, remember how Taysom Hill was working as a TE in the offseason? (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So... What happened with that? Why are we not using him as our own George Kittle? Yeah, I get he's a backup QB and Jameis is hurt, but Jameis was in for the first 3 games, and yet, we still only used him for the even-a-dead-rat-could-predict-its-coming QB Power Right runs.

Seems like a huge wasted opportunity for a hell of a weapon at TE.

He isn’t a TE. He’s a QB

You want him to be doing kittle stuff? Kittle been training to be a TE for 10+ years.

Taysom hill been training to be a QB his whole life. Not a TE. You can’t just start doing high level professional TE route running.

Dennis Allen is not a good head coach. SP is smart and had hill at QB for a reason.

He isn’t a TE. He’s a QB

You want him to be doing kittle stuff? Kittle been training to be a TE for 10+ years.

Taysom hill been training to be a QB his whole life. Not a TE. You can’t just start doing high level professional TE route running.

Dennis Allen is not a good head coach. SP is smart and had hill at QB for a reason.

Well, the thing is, since coming to the Saints, Hill has been training for a lot of positions.

He's an H-back, that's how we're using him.

So... What happened with that? Why are we not using him as our own George Kittle? Yeah, I get he's a backup QB and Jameis is hurt, but Jameis was in for the first 3 games, and yet, we still only used him for the even-a-dead-rat-could-predict-its-coming QB Power Right runs.

I think it was a mistake to take Taysom out of the QB room. Drew said Taysom should be getting 15-20 snaps at QB. And it sounds like Taysom learned of his demotion by way of the media like everyone else. Not cool. Taysom might not be the answer long term but he'd win more games than anyone we have, just using him a lot at QB, not necessarily starting.

“Trequan Smith should start trying to play more like Randy Moss”

He has been hurt with that rib injury and I think that really derailed his progression. He played in the first game and wasn't 💯. I do know we need to use him more but now with Jameis hurt it limits Hill once again because you need him as your backup.

He has been hurt with that rib injury and I think that really derailed his progression. He played in the first game and wasn't 💯. I do know we need to use him more but now with Jameis hurt it limits Hill once again because you need him as your backup.
Well? We're now 1-3~! I'd say it's TIME 2 put our best athletes on the field and let them play their hearts out doing whatever will bring on some solid "W's"~! No time to protect a BEAST like TH #7 to be a #2 QB! GIVE HIM THE DAMNED BALL!

Juwan Johnson looks good at TE and Trautman played well against the Vikings so it’s not like we’re lacking there.

You want Taysom to keep being effective at moving the chains with his touches when he runs the ball more than having an impact only at the position he’s listed at. I’m not expecting him to run all TE routes just to get injured off a big hit while trying to catch a pass in the open field like the Washington game last year.

I think it was a mistake to take Taysom out of the QB room. Drew said Taysom should be getting 15-20 snaps at QB. And it sounds like Taysom learned of his demotion by way of the media like everyone else. Not cool. Taysom might not be the answer long term but he'd win more games than anyone we have, just using him a lot at QB, not necessarily starting.
Teebowed

Well? We're now 1-3~! I'd say it's TIME 2 put our best athletes on the field and let them play their hearts out doing whatever will bring on some solid "W's"~! No time to protect a BEAST like TH #7 to be a #2 QB! GIVE HIM THE DAMNED BALL!
I agree 💯 the only problem is what do we do if Jameis is still not playing and Hill gets hurt? You are left with nothing behind Dalton. They way the offensive line has been less than consistent in protections Dalton could end up injured,then what would we do.

You are protecting the position not the player by being cautious and limiting his use. If we want solid wins we need to stop turning the ball over and that's something Hill can't solve those are team issues.

He isn’t a TE. He’s a QB

He may not be a TE, but he's proven that he's not a QB either.

What he IS is a dynamic player and playmaker. A leader on and off the field.

In short, he's what Tim Tebow SHOULD have been.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom