HGH testing? (1 Viewer)

I would be willing to bet that most NFL players are on Steriods and HGH. They probably have figured out ways to beat the tests. They get 2 fails before a suspension. I remember one guy got busted with a whizzinator, i'd bet there is a lot of other ways players beat these tests also.

The issue is the test itself. To test for HGH, blood has to be drawn instead of the standard urine test. Since the test is more intrusive, the union wants players to have notice, and only have blood drawn at certain locations. The league is sticking to the anytime, anywhere possibility that is enforced by the current CBA.

I bet the Union wants players to have notice!! The window for HGH to show up in a test after taking it is very small. I think its 24 hours (maybe a bit longer). So of course if a player knows he is to be tested then the test is worthless. All they have to do is wait till after they have been tested. Dont be fooled by a players union on this, its a players omerta when it wants also. Taking HGH is doping plain & simple. Its on the banned list for a reason. I want to watch clean football. If these guys need this stuff then test them out & get someone in who will abide by the rules. There wasnt much pity for Lance Armstrong when he admitted HGH use along with other stuff & neither should football players.

Abuse of HGH is serious also. It can do serious stuff to the actual shape of peoples heads. Google it & you can see some scary stuff. Actually just take a look at some NFL players heads as it is!!!

I would be willing to bet that most NFL players are on Steriods and HGH. They probably have figured out ways to beat the tests. They get 2 fails before a suspension. I remember one guy got busted with a whizzinator, i'd bet there is a lot of other ways players beat these tests also.

Wrong. The performance enhancing drug policy calls for a 4 game suspension for a FIRST offense. The substance abuse policy does give a second chance before a suspension if it is twice in a 1 year period.

My guess is that 75 - 90 % of current NFL players have used steroids in high school, and/or college. I believe, additionally that 50 - 60 % of all NFL players are using HGH currently, as well as maybe possibly 25 - 40 % are still using steroids in the offseason, and have found designer masking agents which do not show up in testing, or have designer supplements/steroids which do not show up in testing. Or they do it, and take an overseas trip/vacation, while on them, and cannot get tested. Every year guys are getting caught for PEDs. To me, it is like the saying goes, "if you see 1 cockroach in your house, that means there are hundreds". They random sample, and not everyone is tested in a year. The reward is worth the risk, in a lot of cases. The reward is a multi year contract for a 5 -10 million a year, making it to the probowl or better yet a superbowl or possibly, not making it in the NFL at all, or as a vet, losing your job to a younger player, and maybe get signed to a vet minimun of $500,000 a year, on a single year contract, what would you do? See Shawn Merriman.

The whole Pittsburgh Defense that beat Arizona in the SB looked roided up IMO. Harrison was suspended earlier that year or the next IIRC also. As we've learned, somewhat at least, in baseball, if a teammate is on something the rest of the team is exponentially more likely to be ingesting PEDs.

The whole Pittsburgh Defense that beat Arizona in the SB looked roided up IMO. Harrison was suspended earlier that year or the next IIRC also. As we've learned, somewhat at least, in baseball, if a teammate is on something the rest of the team is exponentially more likely to be ingesting PEDs.

That whole year they were roided up! Best defense in NFL history and thats really saying something considering offenses were nowhere near as explosive in the 80's and prior.

On another note, the NFL we grew up with in the 70's, 80's and even in the early 90's were all roided up. They were not testing, and when they did start they were Steel Curtain Defense, Dome Patrol, etc. Dude they were all juicing. I bet, most of the NFL Hall of Famers were juicers.

Did anyone see that Jamie Dukes, who I cannot stand, by the way, insinuated Te'o got on HGH or something between Combine and his pro-day. If you just look at the clips, Te'o does look a lot more muscular at pro-day than he did at combine. I had noticed in a clip of the interview even before I saw this video clip of Duke, that his neck especially appeared thicker. At the combine Te'o looked like crap. But it made me really wonder, how all NFL prospects, and even current players, after they get randomly tested, get on some sort of PED, since there is a very good chance they will not get tested for a while.
Y! SPORTS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom