Hi/Lo - my new nickname for Teddy (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
lol. I have been one of the most critical posters on TB since he took over as our starting QB - and, rightly so. Not that he is really, really bad - just that he has issues. Last week, against Tampa, the great TB showed up. 314 yards, and 4 TD's. Yesterday, bad Teddy showed up. Over half of his throws were either high, or low. I started calling him Hi/Lo. Wide open receivers and he couldn't get them the ball. Mike Thomas even had problems getting to his throws. I believe that was the most incompletions Mike has had as a Saint. If you watch, it is definitely his throwing stance. He doesn't square up the way he should.

What I do like is that he protects the ball very well. Even when he's off, like he was yesterday, he still doesn't throw stupid INT's. He protects a lead, even when the offense is off. He knows we have a great defense, and allows them to do what they do. And, our Defense was playing great yesterday. You have to give it up to them.

However, my heart yesterday fluttered. They showed a video of Drew throwing the ball, and he was looking really good. I really hope he comes back this week, as we have to face the Bears at their place. If not this week though, he should be back for Arizona. If he had played yesterday, we would have put up over 30 points on the Jags. No doubt about that.

Finally, this is not a post to put down on TB. He is 4-0 as a starter. It's just that he does have inconsistencies in his game. His mechanic's. We are now 5-1, when everyone thought we would be at best 4-2, and most thought 3-3 at this point due to the schedule. We have the best team in the NFL. Period.

I agree that Teddy tend to miss too many passes high. And while I understand this week is Chicago and their stout defense, I just don't see them bringing Drew back this week. Next week vs Arizona seems to be the logical date for Drew's return. It would put him ahead of schedule as we've all heard, would be in the friendly confines of the Dome, and would allow him to ease back into a game before the bye week, giving him more time to get back in sync with the offense.

We can certainly win in Chicago with Teddy, especially given some of the challenges the Bears have going on themselves right now on offense. But I'm setting my expectations for a loss in a close game. If that happens, then Teddy will have gone 4-1 in place of Drew and that's really, really hard to be unhappy with, especially given the teams we played during this stretch.

Hopefully his mechanic will take his inconsistencies and gth out of town .

Lets be fair here. TB is doing what you'd expect a backup to do which is not be a liability with the ball. Yes he takes some sacks but it's because he isn't forcing it into coverage. He isnt running all over the field because that is when fumbles happen. Winston threw for 400yds in a couple games but he also had 5 ints in a loss yesterday.
Yes Teddy is managing the game and wisely so. Turnovers are game changers. If you have a solid D then you lean on them until they need you to do something like lead a critical 4th qtr TD drive. TB isnt sexy but he hasnt outright lost us a single game and that will do.

Check down Teddy really needs to be a check down Teddy against a Chicago’s defense

I ain't touching this one, no matter what you say you will get whacked. I'll just say that I read all the posts, and didn't entirely disagree with any of them. What's on sale at Rouses today?

I just call him Teddy like normal people. 4-0 as a starter, doing what he needs to do to manage the game and take an occasional shot when the opportunity is there. I can't argue with the results. We're already ahead of schedule for when Drew gets back. Anything between now and then is lagniappe.

I'm not worried about whether he's the man after Drew. One game at a time. We'll deal with the other stuff after the season is over.

What belongs to his mechanic?
You see Teddy suffers from a partially clogged fuel injector, so his engine seems indecisive at times.

The crankshaft doesn't turnover most of the time.

But it does run without any problems and it passes inspection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom