Hiccup cures (1 Viewer)

cpg

Catacomb the desert
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I am not the only one that drinks to the point of hiccups, so what are some of your cures? I was introduced to peanut butter when I was in college and it has been a fixture for me since. Works every time. Before that, a lemon wedge was pretty reliable. Whatever, I am so hungover right now I can hardly see...

I don't get hiccups. I get a hiccup. Then I wait to see if more will come, but they never do.

Drink some water upside down. Meaning, picture the way you normally drink from a cup, put your mouth on the opposite side of the cup, bend over and drink.

Swallow a spoon of sugar.

Both are guaranteed.

Seriously, get somebody to scare the crap outta you. The gasp will help your diaphragm get out of spasm.

the fingernail tip touching method has worked for me 100% of the time

What is that?

I use my pinky fingers

What you do is touch the tops of each pinky fingernail to one another. Once they are aligned, you push them against each other and if one slides on top of the other, start again. The objective is to push and hold each fingernail top against the other.

I know it sounds bizarre - when a girl showed me that in college, it was the first time I'd seen it.

But it's never failed me since.

She said it was something about your breathing regulating itself because you're concentrating so hard and your focus is close field.

I dunno... and I don't really care.

It just works.

Eat salsa, as hot as you can get it, but of course timing is important when you have the hiccups.

Drink water upside down.....

Breath in and out from a plastic bag. Usually works.

Just don't get too stubborn about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom