Hicks teammate in Canada (1 Viewer)

Stefan Charles, He doesn't even carry a pre draft NFL ranking.

However he's actually rated as the #1 CFL draft prospect lol!

Keep on laughing, I think Miami should be giggling as you with that prospect they got called Cameron Wake, undrafted also.

Mark Trestman said it in his introductory conference: There is a lot of talent playing in Canada, the problem is that the NFL has not payed enough attention.

For starters, there a couple of kick returner/receivers that we should be paying attention to: Chad Owens of the Toronto Argonauts and Chris Williams of the Hamilton Tiger Cats.

This thread reminds me, remember the guy who said he played against Hicks in college, and that Hicks was really overrated? I wonder what he has to say now.

That's who I thought this thread was directed to, I thought the OP was asking the guy if Hicks can play in a 3-4...

:spit:

This thread reminds me, remember the guy who said he played against Hicks in college, and that Hicks was really overrated? I wonder what he has to say now.

Yeah totally forgot about that guy. Do you remember his name?

I believe there is a lot of talent in the CFL. Something that I think about from time to time is a friend of my brothers who played for the Saints. He was on our PS for 3 years, and on the team during the Katrina year. Never took as much as a snap in a regular season game. When he was let go from the Saints he was thinking about moving back to Washington to be a teacher at a High School in his home town. His agent landed him a gig in Canada and he has was voted Most Outstanding O-lineman in the CFL.

There is talent there. Plenty of it. We need to scout that league and poach some talent.

I believe there is a lot of talent in the CFL. Something that I think about from time to time is a friend of my brothers who played for the Saints. He was on our PS for 3 years, and on the team during the Katrina year. Never took as much as a snap in a regular season game. When he was let go from the Saints he was thinking about moving back to Washington to be a teacher at a High School in his home town. His agent landed him a gig in Canada and he has was voted Most Outstanding O-lineman in the CFL.

There is talent there. Plenty of it. We need to scout that league and poach some talent.

Ben Archibald of the BC Lions??

Keep on laughing, I think Miami should be giggling as you with that prospect they got called Cameron Wake, undrafted also.

Mark Trestman said it in his introductory conference: There is a lot of talent playing in Canada, the problem is that the NFL has not payed enough attention.

For starters, there a couple of kick returner/receivers that we should be paying attention to: Chad Owens of the Toronto Argonauts and Chris Williams of the Hamilton Tiger Cats.

Chad owens is awesome...wanted him awhile back.

The flyin' hawaiian!

I hate him. I am an Als fan. Not only we are constantly Owens' clients, but he was ours. One of the few mistakes of Jim Popp, to let him go!

BTW jazzjack, Williams is the younger version of Owens. He is small and raw, needs a lot of coaching, but his speed is incredible, and he makes also really tough catches.

Being a Canadian myself and having played/coached at the Canadian University level, I couldn't agree more. Remember, there are many past and present Saints who were born in Canada, played college in Canada, or get their starts in the CFL. Some very successful, others....?

The names that come to mind aside from Hicks are:

Rueben Mayes (Canadian)
Jerome Pathon (Canadian - played a year of Canadian college ball)
Mitch Berger (Canadian)
Jason David (Canadian)
Gil Fenerty (CFL)
Joe Horn (CFL)
Bruce Clark (CFL)
Bennie Thompson (CFL)
Jon Fourcade (CFL)
Tom Johnson (CFL)

I also thought I read that Sam Mills tried out for the Argos and was cut, but I can't say for sure.

I imagine if Mills was cut by the Argos, they would try to keep it as low key as possible. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom