Highest winning pct for head coaches with at least 120 wins (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
1. Belichick....... .685
2. Halas............. .682
3. Shula............. .677
4. Brown............ .672
5. Dungy............ .668
6. Tomlin........... .644
7. Lambeau....... .631
8. Cowher.......... .623
.... Payton.......... .623
10. Grant........... .621
......Gibbs........... .621

Everybody on this list that is retired is in the hall of fame except Bill Cowher.

As a reference point, if the Saints run the table, Payton's winning pct vaults to .639, probably jumping Tomlin for 6th all time (expecting Pittsburgh to lose more than they win the rest of the season).

So that question of whether Payton eventually gets in the HOF becomes much clearer with this presentation of statistics.

I hope you're right, but that being said.. he would have to maintain the win % for this ranking to stay relevant. It's not something you do once, and then get to keep. You have to keep re-proving yourself, especially by this metric.

I think he's going to have a hard time getting in the HOF based solely on the contempt that was shown by the pitiful excuse of a commissioner known as Roger Goodell for alleged "Bounties."

When it's all said and done he absolutely deserves to be in the hall. But don't be surprised if it doesn't come quickly or easily due to the perception around him.

I think CSP's worst years are behind him. Did some hunkering with the most absurd suspensions ever and some mediocre seasons. He keeps progressing. It'll keep going up!

I hope you're right, but that being said.. he would have to maintain the win % for this ranking to stay relevant. It's not something you do once, and then get to keep. You have to keep re-proving yourself, especially by this metric.
Well yeah that's the point.

Imagine going through a hundred times more B.S. than anyone else and still being top ten all time

Payton needs one more Super Bowl win and it’s a guarantee. No time like the present!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom