Highly likely we finish 5-11 or 6-10 (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We will get a top 10 pick. Not really shocking with how this team was inconsistent all year. Here's to 2017 and the old "Wait 'til next year" motto.

I do believe better things are in store for us. If we can back up this year's solid draft class with another next year I like our chances. Merry Christmas all.

If we can draft well like we did this year (I feel) then I think we will have a shot next season.

Also cap hell is ending really soon. Lots of positives to look forward to.

No, whenever we need a high draft pick and there's nothing on the line, we find ways to win and inadvertently screw our draft position.

If we can draft well like we did this year (I feel) then I think we will have a shot next season.

I agree. Top 10 draft pick, no salary cap hell, maybe move on from some malcontents, this team could be flying next year.

Good post. Bell and Rankins are definitely long term starters for us and maybe we'll be able to sign some difference makers on defense.

Nope, I already called it, we are finishing 7-9, you can BANK IT, we beat the Cardinals and Yucs when we play them again. Those easy Doug Martin runs won't happen with C. Robinson in the middle.

We're still making mistakes though. I think we had a good draft, but signing Fleener at $7m a season was awful. Last year, drafting Anthony was a whiff.

Guess it's better than 2-3 years ago, but still not convinced much will change with this regime.

I want a decent selection in the draft. After these last three seasons, we deserve some stud from being below average.

We're still making mistakes though. I think we had a good draft, but signing Fleener at $7m a season was awful. Last year, drafting Anthony was a whiff.

Guess it's better than 2-3 years ago, but still not convinced much will change with this regime.

The Anthony pick was before Ireland got here, right? (I believe this past season was his first draft back with us.)

I think we are underrating how important he (Ireland) is for us. Rankins, Thomas and Bell this year look like great picks, so ideally we hit like that again. I think we have a bright future still and if Kikaha can come back strong that will add a lot on the pass rush front.

The Fleener contract was awful though, no argument on that one.

Weren't we in salary cap hell/ dealing with malcontents during those years?

Yep, people don't realize that our salary cap hell/rebuilding period of kicking the can down the road bit us in the *** bad - 7-9ish for 3 seasons. It was just sugar coated because we have Brees to make the seasons look *less* bad at least.

We should be competing again for the next 2-4 years now that we are out, if we make some solid moves.

The Anthony pick was before Ireland got here, right? (I believe this past season was his first draft back with us.)

I think we are underrating how important he (Ireland) is for us. Rankins, Thomas and Bell this year look like great picks, so ideally we hit like that again. I think we have a bright future still and if Kikaha can come back strong that will add a lot on the pass rush front.

The Fleener contract was awful though, no argument on that one.

Nope...he joined in Jan 2015.
Just can't afford those kind of mistakes on 1st or 2nd round picks and big contracts to under performers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom