Hiking the Grand Canyon (1 Viewer)

Would you say death valley is a "driving park" or get out in the backcountry park?
To me, is a driving park. Yes there are places to hike around, but you can see so much more id it if you drive from the various points of significance. I'd drive it in order to be able to see more of it

To me, is a driving park. Yes there are places to hike around, but you can see so much more id it if you drive from the various points of significance. I'd drive it in order to be able to see more of it
Did you get to Darwin Falls?

Did you get to Darwin Falls?
We did not. We ran out of time. We saw the salt flats near our camp site at Fiery Ranch and we saw Jedi Canyon. We hit road construction between Vegas and Pahrump that essentially ruined a day for us. Darwin Falls was on our list of things to see, but we ran out of time

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
I'm not sure which was the highlight of the trip, since I'd already seen the Grand Canyon. Antelope Canyon was awesome to see, and our guide was amazing. "Mo" really impressed our group; she was great! However, when we arrived at Arches, it was already dark, so we set up camp in the dark, not knowing what was around us. When we woke up the next morning, we were all in a state of astonishment at what surrounded us.

Seeing things like Hoover Dam and the bridge, Death Valley, Sedona and all of it's sites, Williams and Seligman Arizona, and riding the strip in Vegas were very cool, too, but I think Antelope or Arches was the coolest.

I'm not sure which was the highlight of the trip, since I'd already seen the Grand Canyon. Antelope Canyon was awesome to see, and our guide was amazing. "Mo" really impressed our group; she was great! However, when we arrived at Arches, it was already dark, so we set up camp in the dark, not knowing what was around us. When we woke up the next morning, we were all in a state of astonishment at what surrounded us.

Seeing things like Hoover Dam and the bridge, Death Valley, Sedona and all of it's sites, Williams and Seligman Arizona, and riding the strip in Vegas were very cool, too, but I think Antelope or Arches was the coolest.
We had a moment like this recently at Valley of Fire near Vegas. We woke to the sun rising over a red earth and no one said a word for an hour for fear of ruining the moment. Pictures really don't moments like that justice.

DwZKlrqQJ4Gh2HFQx98hh1NH3iPYRA-4B5bmOutun7JBH-ehgeLay04iTeLVZN8if2gkzule4X5eemyKc9BIpAwtLvxdbVd6dIp3a-efzCBBFo6O7gs6YSFaY0J48bPPpMEgLehiPryEdrcKo1CoPncMKeYD2DQwmIpAmwpIkJnScqQJohr3iIuyFjN135P83a2H2DPKryZ0diNQ49MAJlROc8j6pDV5s8PDigxU2n8tfXxq4YoUz2Jewr0vTsH6wj31ImRKHr9VBjic_H5r_JUuxExQH6ZT9T6h5CNWbCp_skYIHPfvN1d_SR7yDb_FvZ32J6_GjGpWNfjY2g1Pd-5sVxKjAtIxq-Gr8xVf2807_4824OQXhhHqkZpPIydCo0kQ1XTKl6tKE7a1fvKxdsinuK17JBl4H7PQhYCirIEOZtxeKuP3UrLedjLYaQw8XGpXVfwjQnND53lSzyDh2UwBEsUGtZkDNUYFq89ViYhFgfYVIUkDV4wLqtOKygiUnVagJlF-1ZVWfdb0cJsy3fZeG5VKCqx7GRUuaKRg5JziT6loc-LJ62tlZ96Wwx4JdVBfZ3zxn9jk7vEUxBjqxnD4iFttSuBup8yow73mj1VtH6oqy0LdQ_aSaygNqag_T6gNMiTgON1UVzIv1_9UxwHZqxgdApiT=w958-h539-no

My favorite picture from Antelope. I don't know how to do it, but if you rotate the image 90 degrees so that the left side is at the top you will see a seahorse113145

Those are great. Looking around for something to do the 3rd week of April. Thinking maybe Monument Valley...

Im assuming you live somewhere out that way?
We live in Mesa. I try to get outdoors at least once a month depending on the time of year. Right now we hang out in the desert. In a few months, we will head north and east to higher elevation. I will admit that we have been pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoy living here. No one does sunsets and sunrises quite as well as AZ.

Dang, I never posted any of our pictures. I'll have to do that when I am back at the house

I just watched a documentary on Nat Geo that was named Hiking the Grand Canyon. It was pretty interesting. A couple of reporters decide that they will hike the entire 750 mile hike. They say fewer people have hiked that entire length than walked on the moon. I have my doubts about that as there were signs of cultures there in Native Americans, but those folks might have just used the river since it would be easier and faster.

I recommend watching if you have a couple hours. It's on Disney+ for sure.

That was a very good documentary. I watched it right after our trip out west

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom