Hiking Thread 2018 (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Anyone here hike? Haha

Last year was an awesome year for me personally being able to hike some incredible spots while traveling w/ work (12 states). I really want to get out there and try some great spots this year although i'm stuck in my current role in one spot not near any good trails:rant:

Where are some places you want to hike this year?

I want to hit Mt. Hood & Mt. Thielsen in Oregon, maybe some of Southern Washington (Silver Star up to Mt. St. Helens area) as well as the White Mountains in New Hampshire.

Mt. Whitney in California is my favorite hike in the USA.

Old Rag mountain near Fredericksburg VA is favorite in the east.

Best worldwide is the hollentalklam in the German alps.

If you're in Washington you need to make time for the north cascades as well. Do you camp too?

As you know, we just got back from the Argentina side of Patagonia at Mt Fitz Roy. It was beautiful. We left a lot on the table in terms of personal hiking goals, mainly due to the baby. We are planning another trip in July, probably to Utah. We'll have ten days and I'm taking my 15 year old cousin to introduce him to something other than Algiers, LA. We plan to spend time in Zion and Bryce Canyon, and may drive up to the tetons if we have time since I love it so much. We'll see.

Future plans are now in the works for Iceland and I'd like to get to Banff.

If you're in Washington you need to make time for the north cascades as well. Do you camp too?

Ahhh Washington is on my list for this year for sure..And yep I usually camp solo though I'm not as experienced as i'd like (probably only done it half a dozen times in my life).

As you know, we just got back from the Argentina side of Patagonia at Mt Fitz Roy. It was beautiful. We left a lot on the table in terms of personal hiking goals, mainly due to the baby. We are planning another trip in July, probably to Utah. We'll have ten days and I'm taking my 15 year old cousin to introduce him to something other than Algiers, LA. We plan to spend time in Zion and Bryce Canyon, and may drive up to the tetons if we have time since I love it so much. We'll see.

I'm jealous......those mountains are just on another level entirely.

I'm kind of worried about your cousin, though. He may "accidentally" stay behind when you decide to come back to Louisiana :hihi: Zion was just jaw-dropping. I remember my first job out of state working as an 18 year old out on the Front Range in Colorado. I don't think there was a day after work we weren't piling in the car and screeching off to some rock face or summit.

[/QUOTE]Future plans are now in the works for Iceland and I'd like to get to Banff.[/QUOTE]

Yet another park on my list. I actually literally have a screensaver on my desktop of Two Jack Lake. One of those places you see online somewhere and just refuse to not see yourself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom