Hill compared to Steve Young (1 Viewer)

It’s getting old hearing this comparison. If CSP and the rest of the sports world think he’s the next Steve young then you shouldn’t be sitting him on the bench at QB. You shouldn’t have wasted the next Steve Young talent last season when they put Teddy in for the 5 games. At this point being 30 yo, either tell him he’s not the future at QB, play him to see if he is indeed the next Steve young, or trade him. Or the last and best option is for CSP to stop telling this tale of him being the next Steve young. The press in only perpetually spinning this because of CSP.

Touché.
Hill can’t play QB nearly as well as Young. And most likely won’t ever be able to come close in that (most important for a QB) regard.
We can’t honestly say that unless TH gets the opportunity that Steve Young did. However, we do know that TH has excelled in everything that he has done so far, surpassing everyone’s expectations. Dude learned how to play freaking TE in one offseason, when TEs who have played the position their entire lives, barely make it in the NFL. And to go a bit further, I never underestimate a guy with a chip on his shoulder like that dude, with the confidence to go along with it. Plus, he has SP, Carmichael, Lombardi, and Drew Brees helping him. My money is on Taysom all day

We can’t honestly say that unless TH gets the opportunity that Steve Young did. However, we do know that TH has excelled in everything that he has done so far, surpassing everyone’s expectations. Dude learned how to play freaking TE in one offseason, when TEs who have played the position their entire lives, barely make it in the NFL. And to go a bit further, I never underestimate a guy with a chip on his shoulder like that dude, with the confidence to go along with it. Plus, he has SP, Carmichael, Lombardi, and Drew Brees helping him. My money is on Taysom all day
Good points. I’ll certainly be pulling for Taysom.

It’s getting old hearing this comparison. If CSP and the rest of the sports world think he’s the next Steve young then you shouldn’t be sitting him on the bench at QB. You shouldn’t have wasted the next Steve Young talent last season when they put Teddy in for the 5 games. At this point being 30 yo, either tell him he’s not the future at QB, play him to see if he is indeed the next Steve young, or trade him. Or the last and best option is for CSP to stop telling this tale of him being the next Steve young. The press in only perpetually spinning this because of CSP.
You sit him when you have Drew Brees on your time, no?

Hill excels at everything he’s asked to do. I have no reason to believe he won’t be a good QB, we just haven’t seen it yet.

I doubt SP would say it for no reason, I trust everything he says about offense lol

Steve Young was runner up to Nebraska running back Mike Rozier in the 1983 Heisman race. Steve Young was drafted #1 overall in the 1984 supplemental draft while Taysom Hill wasn’t even drafted in either draft. Steve Young was a hall of fame NFL QB. The only thing Steve Young and Taysom Hill have in common is they are both extremely athletic and went to BYU.

I think that is why coach compared the two since they both went to BYU and are extremely athletic white QBs which is a little rare. But as a college and NFL QB they have no comparison whatsoever

Steve Young was runner up to Nebraska running back Mike Rozier in the 1983 Heisman race. Steve Young was drafted #1 overall in the 1984 supplemental draft while Taysom Hill wasn’t even drafted in either draft. Steve Young was a hall of fame NFL QB. The only thing Steve Young and Taysom Hill have in common is they are both extremely athletic and went to BYU.

I think that is why coach compared the two since they both went to BYU and are extremely athletic white QBs which is a little rare. But as a college and NFL QB they have no comparison whatsoever

Finally a voice of reason!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom