Hill compared to Steve Young (1 Viewer)

If you read the article, or if you remember, Young didn’t start until HE was 30 and he had time to put up a HOF career.
Agree, but the way it’s been going, he may never have the chance to start, at least for the saints. I can honestly see Brees wanting time come back next year as well. He’s so competitive, I feel that he’s going to go year for year with Brady.

I think, any only my opinion, CSP should have started hill last year when Brees went down. Perfect opportunity to see what he can do with no expectations for him to win most games. We wouldn’t even be having the discussion about hill being the next young. We’d have a good idea after 5 games to see his ability. I had hoped that Brees would have hung it up by now. I just see the offense as limited with him playing now, but just my opinion. Others may disagree.

I interpreted Sean Payton’s Steve Young comparison as him feeling like Taysom’s skillset and contributions is important to this offense and team like a Hall of Fame QB is. And he chose a player that Taysom’s skill potentially resembles most at his main position entering the league.

Taysom has definitely established himself as an elite weapon in this offense. Maybe if Payton says outright that Taysom is/can be the best all-purpose player in the league like any HOF all-purpose players of the past, that would’ve influenced potentially half of the league to give Taysom more interest this offseason. The unconventional comparisons without full QB game tape could be Sean Payton’s way of guarding his hand in the media before unleashing Taysom as an every down all-purpose player

Taysom Hill has potential to be Frank Gifford, Jim Thorpe, Bobby Mitchell, Eric Metcalf or Lenny Moore right now based on how he lines up on the field than he is to a Steve Young or any QB without any QB starts yet. Taysom is used more like those players and share their playing styles in some way. I feel like those comparisons would’ve gotten a lot more attention and unwanted attention/hype for how much his role will be increased in the offense.

Imo Taysom doesn’t have to be “QB” to be the top player on offense or to play at an All-Pro level. We can win SBs with him in the way he’s used right now

Your gunna be comparing Steve Young to Taysom Hill when he is finshed in the league.
Not the other way around.

Taysom HIl wil be a first ballot Hofer.

Even the freaking Uniform inspector can see it.
I am hopeful that you will be right!

Right but the thing is, CSP was trying to win games. Worked out pretty well.
Not that well at the end of the season. The team lost in the playoffs because CSP was to stubborn to deviate from his game plan when it just wasn’t working . taysom was the best player on the field for the saints and wasn’t used Enough and then Brees’ ego tried to top hill and throw it deep for the interception. Brees should have been pulled by half time. Vikings couldn’t stop taysom in that game and CSP should have road him to victory.

Well, to paraphrase your own response elsewhere:

We can’t honestly say that unless Steve Young had the opportunity that TH does.
Well played sir, well played. However, those Steve Young-led Niners teams were extremely LOADED, they didn’t exactly need him to play more than one position.

Well played sir, well played. However, those Steve Young-led Niners teams were extremely LOADED, they didn’t exactly need him to play more than one position.

Did they sign someone to be Montana's primary backup so that Young never had opportunity to see the field as a real QB for three years in a row? Or is that unique to the Saints and "the future of the franchise" Taysom Hill?

I’m skeptical that he’s the answer but I sure believe he’s earned the shot.
Ask yourself:
When Taysom lines up anywhere on the field, do you find comfort that he could get you a first down, touchdown, or any kind of impact play? I sure as H*** do. I mean, defenses literally know he is getting the ball and they can’t stop it. Nor do they want to see him touch the ball. He’s already won due to intimidating the defense.

Did they sign someone to be Montana's primary backup so that Young never had opportunity to see the field as a real QB for three years in a row? Or is that unique to the Saints and "the future of the franchise" Taysom Hill?
It could be unique to the Saints. Taysom was playing other positions, which could’ve got him injured. And it’s unique that a darn QB is so athletically gifted, that you have to put him on the field, despite having a HOF QB. Taysom is that much better at playing football than most skill position players. Let that sink in......a QB is more gifted at most positions, than others. So yes, it’s unique all right.

If you read the article, or if you remember, Young didn’t start until HE was 30 and he had time to put up a HOF career.

Yup. Godlike numbers in a short time. I didn't say it can't be done. Gale Sayers only had five full years, after all.

First I am a CSP fan. But there is no way TH is EVER going to be Steve Young. Leave him doing what he does... a little of everything. ( a jack all trades, a master of none)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom