Hill is our number 2? (2 Viewers)

The issue we have is if Hill is the number two QB then he would not be used as a joker player during the game. So they will continue to list him as the number three but will most likely take over if something happens to Brees

After watching today's game Hill clearly is the second best QB on this team. As my favorite sports talk show host Ben Mahler likes to say "It's hard to spot greatness but it's easy to know what bad is". Bridgewater looks like he is scared on the football field. Hill played with a calm poise.
Teddy seemed to get affected easily by pressure and then after a few series started pressing even more...and was inaccurate even when not pressured.

Hill has made visible progress over the last couple of seasons with his accuracy and touch.

I realize it’s preseason, but at this point, what is everyone’s opinion?

As of right now I would say yes. Was not impressed with Bridgewater last year in pre season or against the Panthers late in the season. Not impressed this pre season either. Taysom May have played the 2nd and 3rd string defense but at least he proved he could move the ball against someone. TB has yet to really move the O and complete the drive against any defense yet.

The issue we have is if Hill is the number two QB then he would not be used as a joker player during the game. So they will continue to list him as the number three but will most likely take over if something happens to Brees
This is the only reason Bridgewater is on the team, because we put Taysom in harms way to much for him to be the only backup option. There’s a reason Bridgewater is only here on a one year deal.

Bridgewater struggled mightily today. But I think for practical reasons he’ll remain the #2. To allow Taysom to do all he does in our offense requires having Bridgewater as the #2. I think the battle between the two would be different in this regard if Taysom did not play a hybrid in the offense or if the two were competing for a starting job.

As of right now I would say yes. Was not impressed with Bridgewater last year in pre season or against the Panthers late in the season. Not impressed this pre season either. Taysom May have played the 2nd and 3rd string defense but at least he proved he could move the ball against someone. TB has yet to really move the O and complete the drive against any defense yet.
He didn’t play for us last pre season. But with the Jets he was 28 of 38 for 318 yards with 2 TD’s.

Taysom already plays a lot. In a way, he's 1a. Teddy's the backup to both, in a way.
This is the answer. THill is 1a. In each play he plays, whatever roll it is...but especially in pressure situation...the game becomes less and less big for him. It slows down, he's not overwhelmed by anything or anyone.

The progression from last year to this is noticeable. After this year...he will be more than ready. He just needs reps and full games with the 1s

I think people over-react after a good or bad performance. Last week, many just knew Teddy had won the heir-apparent title after a good preseason game, and anyone who mentioned Hill being their favorite choice got ridiculed. Now look. Lol.

My opinion: it’s only 2 preseason games. Teddy clearly looked better last week, but totally disappeared today. I’m personally a huge Hill fan, and I would probably count on him to lead us to victory, at this moment, over Teddy. There’s a few more practices and exhibition games left, though. Let it play out however it plays out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom