Hill-Obama or Obama-Hill? Pundits say its inevitable. (1 Viewer)

What combination will the Democrats choose?

• Hillary Pres, Obama Vice Pres

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Obama Pres, Hillary Vice Pres

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Something else, I'll explain

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
I was listening to various political pundits last night on MSNBC, Fox, CNN and the same theme kept coming up and won't go away.

Despite all the mud-slinging and animosity, some are convinced that the only thing left for the Democrats to decide if it's going to be a Hillary - Obama ticket or an Obama - Hillary ticket.

What do y'all think?

Oh, Wifey sent me this pic this morning...Driving Miss Hillary. :hihi:

Attachments

• hillobama.jpg
    hillobama.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 7
Not only will it not happen it won't even be discussed by the candidates themselves (the media won't quit harping on it).

TIME magazine stirs the pot.

Clinton, Obama: Why Not Both?
By MICHAEL DUFFY
Wednesday, Feb. 06, 2008

Here's a quick rundown of the many advantages the Democrats enjoy at this stage of the 2008 campaign. Voter turnout in most states is running well ahead of that for the gop. Democratic fund-raising continues to break all records—even those set previously by Republicans. The Democrats' issues cupboard is fuller than it has been in a decade and a half. And voters have narrowed the field to two wildly popular candidates, either of whom would make history if nominated, much less elected.

Given the embarrassment of riches, it was only a matter of time before Democratic voters looked at the choice between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and asked the question, Why not both?

READ MORE
http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1710667,00.html?imw=Y

I don't know. It's looking increasingly likely that neither candidate will have enough delegates to win the nomination outright. This brings in the Superdelegates and possibly the unearned delegates in Michigan and Florida (if not a brokered convention). I think snubbing Obama hurts the Democrats more than a snub of Hillary. If the black electorate snubs their noses at them for any perceived underhandedness, it could well cost the Democrats a couple of House and Senate seats. It would also cost them my vote, because I'm not voting for Hillary Clinton though I am still open to a vote for Mr. Obama.

TPS

There isn't a chance in Hades that Billary would settle for VP. So this would only work if Obama is willing to settle for second string and from what I've heard he sees himself as a starter. A Billary-Obama ticket is the media's dream. But politics does make for strange bedfellows.....

Roland S. Martin speaks up...he says "fuggetaboutit." :hihi:

art.martin.cnn.jpg

CNN
Commentary: Forget an Obama-Clinton or Clinton-Obama ticket
By Roland S. Martin
CNN Contributor

CNN) -- Democrats across the country are abuzz over the possibility of the "dream ticket" featuring Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama running for the White House in November.

In the words of one of "The Sopranos" characters, "Fuggetaboutit!"

Look, this might sound exciting and history-making to have a woman and an African-American competing against the Republicans, but there are multiple reasons why this won't happen.

READ MORE
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/04/roland.martin/?iref=hpmostpop

To play off of Ti Ryder's comment, Obama wouldn't even be second string in the Hillary Administration---he'd be on the practice squad since Bill will essentially be the V.P.

I guess there's a chance that if Hillary wins the nomination Obama would be her VP but I still say that there is no chance that Obama chooses Hillary as his VP. Any support he would be getting from Independents and Republicans would be lost if he chose her as VP. Plus I'd be surprised if she accepted the VP position in the first place.

It's not happening, and the only people fanning the flames are the Clinton people.

Hillary would not accept it. Nor would Obama, who knows that being Hillary's VP would mean being number three in a Hillary White House.

It's not happening, and the only people fanning the flames are the Clinton people.

Hillary would not accept it. Nor would Obama, who knows that being Hillary's VP would mean being number three in a Hillary White House.

I don't know that it's the number 3 issue that's the problem. I think the problem is how do you present yourself as "Change" if you run as second fiddle to the biggest establishment icon in the election on either side? It would completely destroy his message for a future run and allow future opponents to paint him as a flip flopping hypocrite.

If Obama accepts he's basically saying "I'll never be President" and I don't think he's ready to say that.

To play off of Ti Ryder's comment, Obama wouldn't even be second string in the Hillary Administration---he'd be on the practice squad since Bill will essentially be the V.P.

Al Gore had that experience, which is why he's in the private sector today. Obama putting Hillary on the ticket achieves the same result in a lesser degree, but puts the lie to the "change" mantra. JFK put his chief nomination rival LBJ on the ticket for geographical balance and to lend experience. Allegedly, LBJ's friend J. Edgar Hoover had incriminating photos of Kennedy's conquests, so JFK was in a bind.

Joe Biden would leap at the chance. Obama should take the VP slot under Hillary only if he can slack back like Edwards did to build up his resume for 2012, and ensure her defeat.

Joe Biden would leap at the chance. Obama should take the VP slot under Hillary only if he can slack back like Edwards did to build up his resume for 2012, and ensure her defeat.

I believe Biden has already said he's not interested in playing 3rd-string to Billary. As far as Obama taking on an "Edwards Strategy", that didn't work out too well for John.

Given the vocal minority of the population who considers any affront to Hillary as an affront to the female cause, I wonder about hard feelings should Obama win the nomination. And if those hard feelings are manifest, should he appease them by selecting another qualified woman as his running mate? That move alone would allow all the voters who claim to back Shrillary based on experience but really just want a woman president to vote Obama with no guilt. But I don't know if America is ready for that progressive of a ticket.

Interesting!

Anybody care to throw out some potential female VP candidates Obama could choose?

It would be silly for him to do that. Getting elected as a black male will be hard enough. Adding a woman would give you a multiplier of 2 on the difficulty scale. He needs a white male.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom