Hill-Obama or Obama-Hill? Pundits say its inevitable. (2 Viewers)

What combination will the Democrats choose?

• Hillary Pres, Obama Vice Pres

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Obama Pres, Hillary Vice Pres

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Something else, I'll explain

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A white male would be most favorable to him....maybe. Problem is, it would drive home the message that the Women's Movement is on the bottom of the social totem pole.....again.

And, as Wifey's little joke pic shows, the other way around makes it look like Obama has to take on the "Driving Miss Daisy" role and African Americans have to take on a servile function...again.

I really don't think it'll happen either way. But as SBTB noted, the talking heads on TV are buzzing with the notion.

Interesting!

Anybody care to throw out some potential female VP candidates Obama could choose?

Too much diversity, which has its limits even among Democrats. Sebelius of Kansas, if she hasn't endorsed Hillary, or Napolitano of Arizona would be the obvious choices. It's still Biden, protestations aside. He needs an experienced "nice" guy.

>>Sebelius of Kansas, if she hasn't endorsed Hillary

She endorsed Obama the night of (or morning after) her rebuttal to the State of the Union. Obama took Kansas on Tuesday. :shrug:

>>It's still Biden, protestations aside. He needs an experienced "nice" guy.

He's someone I probably could have voted for for President.

TPS

>>Sebelius of Kansas, if she hasn't endorsed Hillary

She endorsed Obama the night of (or morning after) her rebuttal to the State of the Union. Obama took Kansas on Tuesday. :shrug:

>>It's still Biden, protestations aside. He needs an experienced "nice" guy.

He's someone I probably could have voted for for President.

TPS

Agreed, Biden was a grownup among petulance and puffery.

Anybody care to throw out some potential female VP candidates Obama could choose?

oprah.jpg

There isn't a chance in Hades that Billary would settle for VP. So this would only work if Obama is willing to settle for second string and from what I've heard he sees himself as a starter. A Billary-Obama ticket is the media's dream. But politics does make for strange bedfellows.....

Nor should they... And I agree that Obama could be a starter-- just not for another 8 years or so (which is the equivalent of a rookie QB waiting it out for a couple of years.)

Hillary would probably float the position of VP to Obama, but politically it would probably be counter-productive for him due to the reasons you have all mentioned. I highly doubt Obama even considers Hillary for the position, but Sibelius or Napolitano (Governor of Arizona) would both be female VP possibilities for him. I don't know if a woman is practical, it may be too much of a change. A moderate white male is probably who both Hillary and Obama would look to.

If Hillary is the nominee, my money is on Obama running for Governor of Illinois to bolster his Presidential bona fides for a later date. (Although, I've mentioned before that he would be a possible Supreme Court nominee.)

If Obama is the nominee, Hillary will likely position herself for the title of Senate Majority Leader.

Jim Webb will be the VP choice of both. Neither has the military background to get them through the general election and Webb will carry that title well.

Webb would be a good choice for Hillary. I think Obama needs someone more experienced in politics so he doesn't get beaten with the experience stick as harshly.

Clark would be good but he's been a little harsh on Obama in an effort to support Hillary. Still, if Reagan and Bush could patch things up anyone can.

I think Clarks a good fit for Obama if they can get past the bad blood.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom