Hill taking first team reps at practice, will likely start Thursday. Reported by Sleeper, per Ian Rapoport (1 Viewer)

It’s not in the video, it’s in the transcript. The video misses a few questions.
Good interview, especially the part about you guys finally stopped asking me about the Dallas job. I think the Hill part is normal Sean, especially if he's been getting 1st team reps.

As I said in another thread, I will support whoever starts at QB 110%. I love this team and it's players no matter what. If Taysom Hill starts, then so be it and vice versa for Siemien or Book. I'm going to leave that decision to Coach to make, he knows better than any of us do who's going to give us the best chance to win. Why can't we just all get behind whoever the QB is going to be and route the team to victory? Instead of posting that this QB should start because he can do this or this QB should be the starter because he can do something else.

No one hates Hill irrationally unlike the irrational hate that Winston has received since he signed with the Saints and unlike the hate the TS received while playing decent enough ball for the team to win and being let down by the defense. TS looked god awful last week against the Bills. Our Oline looked god awful trying to pass and run block. Our WR's looked god awful trying to get open and catch passes.

In your haste to defend Hill, you completely misread or failed to understand my post. I don't think Hill sucked last week. He didn't play. I'll repeat what I said earlier. I would imagine that @Infoman will be watching the game praying that Hill doesn't suck. Hill didn't suck last week. Hill didn't play last week.
I didn’t say hill played last week. At all. Last week sucked - absolutely. And I never irrationally criticized JW or TS, so I have no idea why that has anything to do with my ultimate point. You want to debate the fine points of how TS is the best we have to offer on the current roster, and given the lack of perimeter players and his complete lack of pocket presence - which is a rational criticism - I completely disagree.

This offense as it was, timing and precision based, is out the window, because the talent is just not there. The best bet to be competitive at this point is a Qb who can move and extend plays.

But don’t debate me - debate Payton. He seems to be rolling with Hill much to your misplaced frustration, and it’s the right move to any objective viewer who has watched the offense stall the last couple of weeks.

I didn’t say hill played last week. At all. Last week sucked - absolutely. And I never irrationally criticized JW or TS, so I have no idea why that has anything to do with my ultimate point. You want to debate the fine points of how TS is the best we have to offer on the current roster, and given the lack of perimeter players and his complete lack of pocket presence - which is a rational criticism - I completely disagree.

This offense as it was, timing and precision based, is out the window, because the talent is just not there. The best bet to be competitive at this point is a Qb who can move and extend plays.

But don’t debate me - debate Payton. He seems to be rolling with Hill much to your misplaced frustration, and it’s the right move to any objective viewer who has watched the offense stall the last couple of weeks.
Can any one say "SPARKPLUG"? This dude, bad foot and all, should take off , calling his own # at just the right times to gain those 1st downs and be LEGENDARY! Come on back IN "Juice Boys"! Time for whipping up some TANG on the cowgirl's behinds!

And i will reemphasize what I said in an earlier post, I think Hill was Paytons choice to come in after Jameis went down all along. But, the concussion and foot injuries didn't allow that. I also said right after TS played that first game that once teams had an opportunity to game plan for him playing QB, it was going to be an issue. I don't think he has played bad at all, but he is not a starting QB. That is still to be determined with Taysom because he still hasn't been in just the QB role, getting all of the #1 reps for multiple weeks in practice that could help tremendously.

And, I also believe, no matter who is starting at QB, they are at a huge disadvantage with Thomas, Kamara, Ingram, and two starting tackles being out.

What do we have to lose? Nothing at all, and at worst we find out for sure Taysom Hill isn't a QB.

This is exactly how I'm looking at it....with the caveat that if TH7 has to play with the same supporting cast (woefully undermanned at multiple positions), that it is tough to truly evaluate these QB's in this unfortunate situation....IMO

I didn’t say hill played last week. At all. Last week sucked - absolutely.
I posted this:
I imagine this to be what you will look like on Thursday night hoping that Hill doesn't suck.
to which you replied with your first sentence, this:
LOL suck? What - like last week?
Do you not see how your response was in direct reference to my comment about Hill? Now if you weren't talking about Hill then maybe choose better sentence structure to convey that meaning properly. Maybe if your response had been "LOL suck? What, you mean like TS sucked last week?" that would have properly conveyed what you meant.
And I never irrationally criticized JW or TS, so I have no idea why that has anything to do with my ultimate point.
I never said that you did. You stated that you didn't understand the irrational hate that Hill receives. I don't understand it because it's not happening. There is no "hate" of Hill. There is a hate of his not being able to read defenses, holding onto the ball for too long and problems with turnovers but no one hates Hill irrationally. To claim that people do irrationally hate Hill is to make up something that doesn't exist and then attack people for the imaginary offense.
I'm not going to debate Payton because I would be severely out-matched. Payton has forgotten more about football than I will ever know. He may or may not "roll with Hill" at this point. Guess what, I agree with his decision. Once again, you making a claim that is simply not true and you can't keep doing that and expect a decent debate. I have no misplaced frustration. Why would I? I've agreed with Payton's decisions so why would I be frustrated now other than our injuries and WR's not getting open or catching the ball?

I suggest you check your facts before attributing to me things that I didn't say.

Really good interviews from Payton and Hill on the Saints website. The media actually asked good questions this time. It's not a given that Hill will start Thursday, and if Hill does start, he doesn't sound 100%.

Another thing to keep in mind is putting TH in a situation where he runs the ball like before at QB coming off a concussion and a foot injury (with multiple oline starters out)....not ideal, hope he gets through the rest of the season healthy....

I posted this:

to which you replied with your first sentence, this:

Do you not see how your response was in direct reference to my comment about Hill? Now if you weren't talking about Hill then maybe choose better sentence structure to convey that meaning properly. Maybe if your response had been "LOL suck? What, you mean like TS sucked last week?" that would have properly conveyed what you meant.

I never said that you did. You stated that you didn't understand the irrational hate that Hill receives. I don't understand it because it's not happening. There is no "hate" of Hill. There is a hate of his not being able to read defenses, holding onto the ball for too long and problems with turnovers but no one hates Hill irrationally. To claim that people do irrationally hate Hill is to make up something that doesn't exist and then attack people for the imaginary offense.

I'm not going to debate Payton because I would be severely out-matched. Payton has forgotten more about football than I will ever know. He may or may not "roll with Hill" at this point. Guess what, I agree with his decision. Once again, you making a claim that is simply not true and you can't keep doing that and expect a decent debate. I have no misplaced frustration. Why would I? I've agreed with Payton's decisions so why would I be frustrated now other than our injuries and WR's not getting open or catching the ball?

I suggest you check your facts before attributing to me things that I didn't say.
Wow. I stopped reading at "use better sentence structure." Seriously, who has the time to put this much effort into a TS vs TH debate? But sure. Whatever burns your calories, amigo.

Yeah I seen the video and was a great interview of SP, I just never heard where Hill's starting status may be in doubt, I see where SP said it now

Thanks for posting

Barring some injury setback, I can't really imagine Hill doesn't start. That's just Payton doing the usual coach coyness.

If Siemian had been 3-0 or 2-1 prior to the Bills loss.....he probably starts this game.

But 0-4 indicates the need for a spark......regardless of the extent to which Siemian can be blamed for those losses (obviously Buffalo was a low point).

I do think Taysom is capable of providing said spark. Right now I'm not concerned about how long he can keep it going, I just want to win the next one.

Another thing to keep in mind is putting TH in a situation where he runs the ball like before at QB coming off a concussion and a foot injury (with multiple oline starters out)....not ideal, hope he gets through the rest of the season healthy....
I can't call it but I don't see anything wrong with him giving it a shot at this point. He obviously feels more comfortable with a banged-up Hill than an inexperienced Book.

Last edited:
Wow. I stopped reading at "use better sentence structure." Seriously, who has the time to put this much effort into a TS vs TH debate? But sure. Whatever burns your calories, amigo.
It's a shame you stopped reading there. In summary, stop making strawman and attacking them.

Barring some injury setback, I can't really imagine Hill doesn't start. That's just Payton doing the usual coach coyness.

If Siemian had been 3-0 or 2-1 prior to the Bills loss.....he probably starts this game.

But 0-4 indicates the need for a spark......regardless of the extent to which Siemian can be blamed for those losses (obviously Buffalo was a low point).

I do think Taysom is capable of providing said spark. Right now I'm not concerned about how long he can keep it going, I just want to win the next one.
I read it the same way, it's barring any unforeseen setbacks, Hill starts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom