Hill taking first team reps at practice, will likely start Thursday. Reported by Sleeper, per Ian Rapoport (1 Viewer)

IF he stays healthy - and IF Sean adjusts the offense to allow him to play to his strengths - I think we can win enough games to make some noise in these last 6 games.... So much so, that TH7 may never give up that QB1 spot.

This is what I have been waiting to see... a real opportunity for him to play QB with a game plan that fits him... Not one designed for Brees or Winston... I really hope we get it.

I see no reason why he can't be exactly what Hurts is for Philly... and maybe even more than that. Detractors, Nay Sayers, and Excuse makers be damned.
Hopefully TH7 is better than Hurts. He sucks!

When people report that Hill was a full participant at practice, who is saying that, the team, or did a member of the media actually see it?

He was FP on last weeks practice reports. But, he was practicing as QB2, not as the joker. I would imagine he would have been LP at the joker position.

I don’t agree with everyone saying that Payton is making a change to spark the team. He stated right after Winston got hurt if Taysom was healthy, he would start. Hill has not been healthy since then (concussion and toe). He played first game back after concussion in joker role, but he had not practiced for three weeks and had not had any reps at QB, thus the start that week for Trevor, then the toe issue happened. I could be wrong, but I think Taysom would have been starting all along after JW went down if not for the two injuries.

Last edited:
IF he stays healthy - and IF Sean adjusts the offense to allow him to play to his strengths - I think we can win enough games to make some noise in these last 6 games.... So much so, that TH7 may never give up that QB1 spot.

This is what I have been waiting to see... a real opportunity for him to play QB with a game plan that fits him... Not one designed for Brees or Winston... I really hope we get it.

I see no reason why he can't be exactly what Hurts is for Philly... and hopefully more than that. Detractors, Nay Sayers, and Excuse makers be damned.

If Taysom does have plantar fasciitis, I doubt that he's fully health after a couple of weeks. The running plays might be limited. I hope that's not the case.

anyone know what Tayson has to do to trigger the 90 million of his new contract?

does this count?

does he need to be week 1 starter? a certain number of snaps or games started?

Being that it was an extension, I’m guessing it doesn’t kick in until next season and he is still playing on his prior contract for the remaining games this year. We couldn’t fit any of that money under the cap this year having less than a million left.
There are some incentives for this year but the chances of reaching them are very unlikely with just 6 games left. He will need to average 36 pass attempts per game to reach the 224 needed for 2 of them. It is possible he could get the 600 rushing yards but if gets that many he probably won't reach the 224 figure needed to collect the bonus for passer rating.

2021 Incentives
70% snaps + 11 team wins: $150,000
3,250 Passing Yards: $150,000
90+ Passer Rating (min. 224 attempts): $150,000
25 Pass TDs: $150,000
65%+ Completion % (min. 224 attempts): $150,000
600 Rushing Yards: $150,000
50 snaps + Super Bowl appearance: $450,000
OPOTY or MVP: $250,000

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom