Hill taking first team reps at practice, will likely start Thursday. Reported by Sleeper, per Ian Rapoport (2 Viewers)

No I wish it was , Armstead not practicing with the knee, Ram limited with his knee. Taysom is going to have to improvise
That should be the theme for this year: "gonna have to improvise"

Yeah and I have been watching Micah Parsons nothing short of an absolute beast. Broke DeMarcus Ware's record and set Cowboys all time rookie sack record as a guy drafted as an ILB. He brings it and will test our line, hopefully Hill can evade him

This is why the Saints signed him early. They knew there was a chance he'd show promise as QB1 and didn't want his value to go up. I predict Taysom will have a better completion percentage than Jameis and Trevor, and throw for more yards.....but what about turnovers? Break out the popcorn!
Each quarterback will inadvertently have had 35% of the season as the starting QB.

I defended Siemian through the first 2 losses and didn't say anything after the 3rd... but after his performance on Thanksgiving, I've seen enough. Time for a change.
I agree. He's a good backup kept things together. I think a mix of his good play in the beginning and Hills concussion and subsequent foot injury kept Siemian in the starting lineup.

Taysom , too much hype, too late in the season and too many other pieces gone. No WR that can catch won't improve with Taysom. He will be good for a few long scrambles down field instead of sitting back like a statue though. Maybe a few less stalled drives, Maybe.

Taysom , too much hype, too late in the season and too many other pieces gone. No WR that can catch won't improve with Taysom. He will be good for a few long scrambles down field instead of sitting back like a statue though. Maybe a few less stalled drives, Maybe.
There will be some plays where a WR comes uncovered due to the running threat but it will not will be often enough to sustain drives consistently

As a second and third-string QB, much of Taysom's practice time is throwing to the Lil'Jordan Humphreys and other practice squad and third-string receivers,

He has had a degree of chemistry with some of them.

It may turn out to be an advantage in his favor.

I see Taysom going 4-2 or better. More playmaking ability to keep drives going and score more points early on in games. The defense will finally be able to breathe easy and naturally play their game without overpursuit or pressure being put on them to carry the team for the entire game. Combination of those two factors on both sides of the ball should translate to Ws.

I think I would agree with this decision. All respect due to Trevor for doing a decent job in difficult circumstances - he's been at the very least creditable.

But we've lost 4 in a row and need to spark something on offense. I don't think we're guaranteed that Taysom will do enough to fundamentally change the track we're on with the offense, but if we don't change we're more than likely to continue down that same track - which hasn't been good enough. That it hasn't really been good enough all year is essentially down to lack of weapons and stability through a variety of reasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom