Hill taking first team reps at practice, will likely start Thursday. Reported by Sleeper, per Ian Rapoport (1 Viewer)

No I’m not invested in Hill being terrible. That’s your spin. I’m invested in saying that Semien isn’t being evaluated fairly when people don’t take into consideration the offense around him. I’m also saying that under the same circumstances, I don’t believe Hill would fair any better.
IF that is the CASE 4 U? Do you "think" you may agree Trevor's performance would have been far better had he had just an "OUNCE" of "Pocket Presence" and could "climb" the Pocket? I'd hope you realize his refusal to do so made the "O-line" appear worse than they really are! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!

Exactly. That’s all I’ve been saying from Day 1 of Semien. Evaluate all three QBs under the exact same circumstances.
THAT, is impossible. Too many moving parts and from play to play we see excellent and pathetic moves, reactions, getting beaten, winning battles.....it's ever changing!

IF he stays healthy - and IF Sean adjusts the offense to allow him to play to his strengths - I think we can win enough games to make some noise in these last 6 games.... So much so, that TH7 may never give up that QB1 spot.
I imagine this to be what you will look like on Thursday night hoping that Hill doesn't suck. This is your last opportunity to not be convincingly proven wrong for the 5th time.

The circumstances you suggesting for that comparison is literally impossible at this point. The roster is different than it was last year and also even at various points this year. It’ll probably even be different to end this season. You can still evaluate many things with these QBs.

For instance:

Siemian throws without much velocity, is late on his throws, doesn’t have a great deep ball and doesn’t get enough air under his short passes to get over lineman and linebackers, but he’s very even tempered and with a even marginal amount of time, makes good reads and decisions.

Winston isn’t great between the 20s, has a tendency to hold the ball too long and that leads to desperation throws or sacks and he isn’t great on the short to intermediate throws. He’s very good in the red zone if he can sustain a drive to get that far or defenses give him great field position and he has the arm for big shots down field.

Taysom has really small hands and even an off target swipe at his arm leaves the ball on the ground. He takes off running if his first read isn’t open. He tends to under throw deep balls due to not committing to the throw until it’s too late. Taysom is a dual threat and will make most defenses leave in a spy. He’s tough as nails and will truck defenders. He has good velocity on his short and intermediate passes making sure the balls hits his receiver before the defender can react.

All of these things can been seen regardless of who else is playing. All of them are incomplete players that have to have serious adjustments to make them passable starting QBs in the NFL. Taysom had some shots last year, but it was still Drew’s team, he now gets his shot, but I expect to see more of the same that I mentioned above, because those are who he is regardless of scheme.
I'm not sure where so many people get the Hill takes off running if his 1st read isn't open. In the four starts last year, he tended to hold the ball too long and take sacks when I'd rather have seen him exploit a crease in the pocket and take off if he doesn't like what he's seeing downfield quickly. Considering the receiving crew, now minus Harris we have, I hope he takes off running a lot.

I imagine this to be what you will look like on Thursday night hoping that Hill doesn't suck. This is your last opportunity to not be convincingly proven wrong for the 5th time.

I find it interesting you insist on giving Jameis and Trevor another chance to prove themselves yet it's ridiculous to consider that Taysom might fix his turnover and long ball problem.

I would hope that ALL Saints fans would hope for Taysom to do well - because he's starting. I'd rather the Saints win regardless of who's QB.

It seems like there's too much routing for or against someone just to prove someone wrong or right.

This is why the Saints signed him early. They knew there was a chance he'd show promise as QB1 and didn't want his value to go up. I predict Taysom will have a better completion percentage than Jameis and Trevor, and throw for more yards.....but what about turnovers? Break out the popcorn!
Great Optimism, but this must be a joke!?

LOL suck? What - like last week? All this Hill hate is just irrational. If you want to say the next QB to make us a championship caliber team is not on the roster, that's a fair point, but no one here is really arguing the opposite, making the impassioned defense of "anybody but Taysom" kind of silly.

At the end of the day, all I want is to watch something that isn't akin to having a root canal. Taysom is at least good for a few highlights.

Just how many passes has Hill attempted this year? He hasn't even seen the field in weeks. Miracles happen I guess...

IF that is the CASE 4 U? Do you "think" you may agree Trevor's performance would have been far better had he had just an "OUNCE" of "Pocket Presence" and could "climb" the Pocket? I'd hope you realize his refusal to do so made the "O-line" appear worse than they really are! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!
As I said before, there is no pocket formed for him to step into. There would have been no pocket if Hill or Book were back there. Don’t you get it?

The argument that TH7 should be playing a position(s) other then QB isn't rooted actual performance reality.

I keep hearing he should play TE, FB, or HB/Slot....

But in reality... nearly all of his value has come to us while playing QB in a limited role.

Go look up his number of Total TDs, Scrimmage Yards, 1st downs, etc while playing QB as opposed to any other position... and get back to me with this argument.

The numbers scream... More Taysom at QB.... Not less.

The idea that he's more valuable getting 5 touches a game at these other positions (where he has very little impact) as opposed to QB where he has had the most impact... is Ludacris.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom