Hillary: Experienced??? (1 Viewer)

Jerry Holbert, Boston, MA, The Boston Herald
holbert.gif

Yeah, the editorial cartoonists are having a field day alright.

Jeff Darcy, The Cleveland Plain-Dealer
darcy.jpg

Editorial cartoonists usually pick on one or more physical characteristics of a politician...LBJ's earlobes...the bags under Nixon's eyes...

These image makers gradually settle on a generally accepted exaggeration. For Senator Clinton, it's been everything from adding jowels to putting evil, dark circles and demented looks into her eyes.

This guy is doing something a bit different...bucked teeth.

Nate Beeler, The Washington Examiner, Washington, D.C.
beeler.gif

DD, to add to our mutual enjoyment, this blog is reprinted from Peggy Noonan's column in today's WSJ, putting the lie to the CBS version of Bosnia. This soldier witnessed her courage.

What struck me as the best commentary on the Bosnia story came from a poster called GI Joe who wrote in to a news blog: "Actually Mrs. Clinton was too modest. I was there and saw it all. When Mrs. Clinton got off the plane the tarmac came under mortar and machine gun fire. I was blown off my tank and exposed to enemy fire. Mrs. Clinton without regard to her own safety dragged me to safety, jumped on the tank and opened fire, killing 50 of the enemy." Soon a suicide bomber appeared, but Mrs. Clinton stopped the guards from opening fire. "She talked to the man in his own language and got him [to] surrender. She found that he had suffered terribly as a result of policies of George Bush. She defused the bomb vest herself." Then she turned to his wounds. "She stopped my bleeding and saved my life. Chelsea donated the blood."

The line about Chelsea donating the blood was what stopped me cold. You have to be at least 17 to donate. The poor girl put her own health at risk to save that soldier. Now Chelsea's six figure hedge fund job makes sense. I sincerely hope Hillary's campaign continues.

Meanwhile, on late night TV, Letterman is oddly silent about Hillary's gaffe while Leno lampoons her three nights in a row. Hello? CBS? Your partisanship is showing...again. :hihi:

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Tuesday Mar 25 2008

Hillary Clinton was supposed to be our guest tonight, but she got pinned down by sniper fire.

Who would have guessed Hillary would have more war stories than John McCain?

Hillary’s campaign is claiming she misspoke when she said she landed under gun fire during her trip to Bosnia. Turns out it was gun fire on a trip to L.A.

She now admits there weren’t any snipers. And today Bill Clinton said, “Hey, if I would have known there weren’t any snipers, I would not have sent her there in the first place.”

Wednesday Mar 26 2008

Hillary Clinton is coming under fire for claiming she was under fire while she was in Bosnia. Luckily, she was wearing her Kevlar pantsuit at the time.

Hillary now says she just made an honest mistake . . . there was no hostile fire of any kind. Ironically, while she was away, Bill Clinton did see some action.

Is this a big deal? All candidates exaggerate. Remember when McCain ran in 2000? He had to retract a claim that he was under cannon fire from the Confederates.

Hillary also said she went to 80 countries. Turns out she only wanted to go to one country, but she booked it with PriceLine.com and had to fly through all of them.

Thursday Mar 27 2008

Have you heard Hillary Clinton’s new campaign slogan? Incoming!

New revelations about the whole Hillary Clinton-Bosnia thing. Turns out she went there to hire a sniper.

Bill Clinton gets facts wrong about Hillary Clinton getting facts wrong.

Clinton misstates wife's Bosnia tale

WASHINGTON - Former President Clinton has added to the falsehoods surrounding his wife's tale of her trip to Bosnia 12 years ago.

In Indiana on Thursday, Bill Clinton defended his wife's mistake in claiming that she landed under sniper fire in Bosnia, accusing the media of treating her like "she'd robbed a bank" for confusing the facts.

The New York senator had repeatedly described a harrowing scene in Tuzla, Bosnia, in which she and her daughter, Chelsea, had to run for cover as soon as they landed for a visit in 1996. Video footage of the day instead showed a peaceful reception in which an 8-year-old girl greeted the first lady.

Clinton misstates wife's Bosnia tale - Yahoo! News

Bill Clinton gets facts wrong about Hillary Clinton getting facts wrong.

Clinton misstates wife's Bosnia tale

WASHINGTON - Former President Clinton has added to the falsehoods surrounding his wife's tale of her trip to Bosnia 12 years ago.

In Indiana on Thursday, Bill Clinton defended his wife's mistake in claiming that she landed under sniper fire in Bosnia, accusing the media of treating her like "she'd robbed a bank" for confusing the facts.

The New York senator had repeatedly described a harrowing scene in Tuzla, Bosnia, in which she and her daughter, Chelsea, had to run for cover as soon as they landed for a visit in 1996. Video footage of the day instead showed a peaceful reception in which an 8-year-old girl greeted the first lady.

Clinton misstates wife's Bosnia tale - Yahoo! News

I saw this on Morning Joe today. What kills me is the media cycle had ended on this story. It was dead and she has seen some bounce back in the polls from the drop she took from it's effect. He brought this up unsolicited.

Why? Why even mention it again and bring it back to the forefront?

Bill has really left me scratching my head through these primaries. He has really made some rank amateur political mistakes.

Bill Clinton pocketed $800,000 in speaking fees from the Columbian government in support of the now-moribund trade deal, and she let loose with a long guffaw. She fired Mark Penn; could her husband follow? Is he attempting to sabotage her campaign, or is a 2012 run being prepped? Books will be written on the collapse of this campaign, and Poly Sci courses will study this for a long time.

Stumper : BRESLAU: What's So Funny, Hillary?

I find this picture oddly reassuring. Any candidate that takes a shot of Crown on camera can't be all bad. :p

gall.hrcshot0413.ap.jpg

CROWN POINT, Indiana – After a day of taking shots at rival Sen. Barack Obama over his "bitter" remarks, Sen. Hillary Clinton relaxed in Crown Point, Indiana and took a shot of a different kind – Crown Royal whiskey.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

OK, Senator Obama, back off. There's absolutely nothing wrong with tossing down a shot of Crown. :p

CNN
April 14, 2008
Obama mocks Clinton 'throwing back a shot and a beer'
Posted: 11:25 AM ET

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (CNN) — Barack Obama furthered his recent criticisms of Hillary Clinton Monday by mocking the fact that she recently "threw back a shot and a beer" in front of the media.

After first saying too many candidates are only giving voters "rhetoric," the Illinois senator said, "They'll promise you anything. They'll even give you a long list of proposals. They'll even come around with TV crews in tow and throw back a shot and a beer."

READ MORE

If I had to live with Bill, this would be a nightly ritual.

I find this picture oddly reassuring. Any candidate that takes a shot of Crown on camera can't be all bad. :p

gall.hrcshot0413.ap.jpg

CROWN POINT, Indiana – After a day of taking shots at rival Sen. Barack Obama over his "bitter" remarks, Sen. Hillary Clinton relaxed in Crown Point, Indiana and took a shot of a different kind – Crown Royal whiskey.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very entertaining pic. The soul is not far behind...

Even better! That's some cross-eyed concentration! Been there. Done that. LOL!

041408_tradingshots.jpg

hillary kills me with the "i've got experience" line...she has none....she is with this "i will be ready on day 1 " b.s., when in reality none of the 3 canidates will be ready on day 1 because it is impossible. the only way you are ready on day one is if you have been the president before...now how quickly you adjust to the presidentcy is the key.....lol ..old "w" never did adjust, he's still lost 7 years later

doesn't matter if W is ready; Cheney runs the show.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom