Hillary in Hattiesburg (1 Viewer)

Could you vote for a ticket that includes both Obama and Clinton?

• Total voters

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
She was in Hattiesburg a little while ago and was giving her stump speech when she asked the assembled people if they ever thought they would see the day they could vote for a woman or an African-American for the Democratic nomination for president. She then said that soon they may be able to vote for them both. :covri: She was obviously alluding to the likelihood that they will both be on the ticket in November.

For those who support either Obama or Clinton, would you want the other on the ticket? Do you think the presence of the other enhances or detracts from the candidacy of the one at the top of the ticket? Politics makes strange bedfellows, but I can't see Obama accepting the VP slot if he got the most primary votes and won the most states and I can't see Hillary accepting the VP slot at all.

No, I don't see her ever playing second-fiddle. Nope. Not gonna happen.

I think Hillary would accept then try and sabotage the campaign from within to open a run in 2012.

I think Obama would accept because he realizes even if they win and go two terms he'll be 55 for his next Presidential run and the primary knock on him, experience, will be gone. If they lose (and they probably would) he could run in 2012 .

I don't think Obama would go for Hillary as his VP though. Notice she's the one talking about it not Obama. At this point I think Hillary is campaigning to be VP while going scorched Earth to ensure an Obama loss in November. Her focus now is really killing his chances in November by any means necessary.

For what it's worth I could vote for Obama but could never vote for any ticket that included a Clinton on it.

I don't think Obama would go for Hillary as his VP though. Notice she's the one talking about it not Obama. At this point I think Hillary is campaigning to be VP while going scorched Earth to ensure an Obama loss in November. Her focus now is really killing his chances in November by any means necessary.

I wonder if her thinking is to pressure Obama into extending the olive branch and accepting her as his eventual VP sooner rather then later (i.e. the longer "he" drags it out, the more damage she'll do)

I wonder if her thinking is to pressure Obama into extending the olive branch and accepting her as his eventual VP sooner rather then later (i.e. the longer "he" drags it out, the more damage she'll do)

More likely to generate enough public support to try and basically force him out of political necessity to chose her. I don't think it's any surprise she started talking this way Wednesday morning when it basically became nearly impossible mathematically for her to win.

Or a bit of both.

It's a strange strategy. One I haven't seen employed before. Typically when someone decides to focus on the VP slot they become overly nice (see Huckster with McCain) not insanely negative. I suppose it's par for the course for her campaign which has made Shirley Mason look downright consistent. This is what makes me think the plan is to destroy from within rather than succumb to 4-8 years of second best.

I thought of that, as well as the possibility that she may feel like she would be negotiating from a position of strength if the Florida and Michigan delegates are seated and she could offer him the VP slot if he doesn't make waves about those delegates.

Olive branch? More like a hickory stick...or a Louisville Slugger. :smilielol:

She's trying an appeal to the "Oh, I love them both so much I can't decide!" crowd.

Those people like Obama more but think Clinton might be better suited to be President in 2008. She's betting on them voting for her with the caveat that she brings Obama along with her.

The problem is that those of us who like Obama like him because he is the anti-Clinton. After eight years of being Clintonized (or even after only a few months in a campaign), my view of Obama will plummet.

Olive branch? More like a hickory stick...or a Louisville Slugger. :smilielol:

Yeah, this isn't 'let's be nice and make peace.' It's a calculated move to win votes. Her husband did it when he said voting for him was a vote for Hillary as well. Now Hillary is saying a vote for her is a vote for Obama as well. Obama won't say that, so he loses with your typical ignorant voter who can't see past the fake smile and cackle.

Hillary in Hattiesburg. Did anyone ask her why it would be so bad for Iowa to be lumped in with Mississippi?

"I was shocked when I learned Iowa and Mississippi have never elected a woman governor, senator or member of Congress," Clinton told the paper. "There has got to be something at work here. How can Iowa be ranked with Mississippi? That's not the quality. That's not the communitarianism, that's not the openness I see in Iowa.'"

http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/414671.html

I don't support Hillary as President, but I'm now wondering who else would be in a better position of experience to assist Obama as his VP.

I don't support Hillary as President, but I'm now wondering who else would be in a better position of experience to assist Obama as his VP.

Experience? Practically anyone, I would think. For all of her boasting of "35 years of experience," no one can point to any substantive accomplishments in her supposed areas of expertise. I would think Obama would be better served to pair with someone who is relatively well respected by people on both sides of the aisle, either an accomplished governor or a congressman of distinction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom