Hillary turns on the tears again. (1 Viewer)

That first video looked sincere to me. Looked like losing control of her emotions was the last thing she wanted to do. If she was faking, it's Oscar worthy.

But hey...What do I know? I've no doubt that some of you guys have an abundance of experience seeing women cry. ;)

Yep, agreed.

I disagree. It is serving him well, it's just not serving us well - not because he isn't qualified. I don't know whether he is or isn't. It just seems like the media is acting as though he's untouchable, but with Clinton it's a free for all. I don't think it's garnering her much sympathy. Too many are just cherry picking from whatever is printed or filmed to shore up their preconceived notions.

well said by Jim and Sabine

Did you guys even watch the video?

One of her former colleagues spent a few minutes complementing her on everything she has done for the youth of this country. She didn't cry she just got a little choked up, big deal. I am a man, and I will get a choked up if someone who I respect and have worked with for a long time praises me from their heart for the years of hard work that we put in together.

I watched the video. It's not that bad. She cried, big deal.... but the bottom line is you aren't running to become the president. If you cry when you co-workers give you props we'd just giggle at you behind your back. If she continues to tear up then it is a valid concern. Did someone step on her toe?

I just can't see her sitting across from Putin or the crazy dude from Iran talking business. What if they tell her something like, "is your husband available? we like him a lot more" Is she going to tear up?

Its these overrations to every little thing Hillary does that garners sympathy and makes her an attractove candidate.
Obama doesn;t get a fraction of the overanalysis of his every step that Clinton gets. Its unbelievable.

My lady fair has done some phone banking for Obama. There's still a good number of people who believe he attended a madrassa and cite his middle name with disdain. Every candidate has his/her cross to bear. If allegations of self-centeredness and disingenuous displays of emotion are the worst Hillary has to contend with, she should consider herself lucky.

Save your tears. She wears contentiousness as a badge of honor, remember?

My lady fair has done some phone banking for Obama. There's still a good number of people who believe he attended a madrassa and cite his middle name with disdain. Every candidate has his/her cross to bear. If allegations of self-centeredness and disingenuous displays of emotion are the worst Hillary has to contend with, she should consider herself lucky.

Save your tears. She wears contentiousness as a badge of honor, remember?

We all need to lay off Britney, I mean Hillary. When she ran for the Senate, she embarked on a "listening tour" of NY where she learned about plowin', farmin', and learned to sing the chorus of "Mame". Occasionally she flubs, as when she uttered the words "I ain't no ways tired" to an African-american audience. She was trying to be an authentic black woman. No harm in that.

She's going to increase regulation and resume the tax structure in place during her husband's administration. She'll be tough on foreign policy because she has to be. This will not be a disaster, and we have the bonus of an older and wiser Bill who I hope will make the WH a babalicious and bootylicious crib!:9: :ezbill:

I loved where our nation was during Clinton's adminiastration. Like Hillary said, it will take a Clinton to clean up the mess from the Bush administration. She knows the players and she knows the game. I like Obama. If he wins the nomination, I will vote for him. He will be better than more of the same from the Republicans. Overall, the whole system is ridiculous. If a Democrat came up with an idea to save the world, the Republicans wouldn't want it and vice versa. The selfishness, greed, and drive to be in power regardless of right or wrong, sickens me and makes me wonder how they sleep at night.

Well again, I'm not campaigning for Clinton, but here's what I see:

A thread was started about Clinton "crying again" - complete with a disapproving smiley, from a poster that admits he didn't bother to watch the video. Then, other posts followed as though it was fact. Why was it so easy to believe?

Track record. Once again the cynicism toward the Clinton's is well earned lest we forget Bill's funeral performance. Her crying may be legit but they have done this to themselves with all the contrived performances over the last decade and a half.

Similar tangents occurred the other night in the "McCain - More Wars" thread. Five seconds of a 39(?) second video taken completely out of context - very Pat Buchananish. Come on guys, I know most of you are smarter than that.

Agreed, but I wasn't in on that party. :ezbill:

One of the anti-Clinton reasons posted was her decision to stay with her husband after all the skirt chasing he did. Personally, if my husband had done all the same things you guys would still be looking for his body. Marriage is rarely what we expect it to be. It is certainly much harder. Fortunately, we all get to decide on what will be our marriage's structure, anchor, goals, rules, etc... Most who have been married very long will tell you that those rules, anchors, etc.... change over time and usually require reassessing several times before the couple reaches the "until death do us part" part. Working past an affair calls for more character than I possess. But, just because I couldn't/wouldn't do it does mean I should define what love or a marriage is for everyone else.

We're not talking about "an affair". There are 5 well documented that we know of and a lot more speculated on. Now, this is a matter of personal opinion. There are many that respect her "sticking by her man". I'm not one of those people. I respect when someone works through "an affair". I think it's pathetic when someone sits there with a big grin on their face next to a chronic adulterer who causes them constant public humiliation.

A lot of attention has been given to the Clinton marriage as though we would really be re-electing Bill if Clinton wins. I expect some attention to be given to her spouse because of who he is, but IMHO the amount of attention it's getting reeks of the proposition that, if elected, the "husband is head of the [White]household". I don't think some would see (to the same extent) the Clinton campaign as the Clintons' campaign if HC had been a past pres and BC were running today.

This is actually pretty rich considering there are many who see Hillary as the brains behind the Clintons and Bill as the charismatic figure head. It was a running joke for 8 years the Hillary was actually President. When she first announced people joked hasn't she already served 8 years? Even now people are saying that Bill's ego will over shadow the VP but I haven't heard any consensus position that he would be running the country. Your reaching a bit here to try and find some sexism.

As for the "I" versus "we" claims, I've seen a good bit of coverage on both of these candidates, and that wasn't my take. I'd be interested in some stats if anyone wants to back up their claim with some hard numbers.

I doubt real stats exist on this. It's perception which is how most things in campaigns are driven.

As for the "her every move is contrived and conniving" claims, go back and watch the subject videos again. Those weren't prepared speeches. That was Clinton shooting from the hip to the events/questions of the moment - two stops on a very, very, very long and busy campaign trail.

As for the "I'm not a sexist" claims, I wonder what I'd find if I went back to the "Study shows men talk as much as women" thread and other threads of similar subject matter. :ezbill:

Hey RABDOG, I didn't see it that way. I find it interesting though that one of the questions she was responding to was about whether or not she did her own hair. Now really, do people ask Obama or McCain that? Clinton is running for the highest office in the land, is trying to get her message out, and someone asks if she does her own hair? What's that about?

Haha, one of the biggest attacks on Edwards the whole campaign was about how "pretty" his hair was and how much he paid to get it done. Bill's weight was a constant source of ridicule when he was President.

Appearance matters in the age of mass media.

Its these overrations to every little thing Hillary does that garners sympathy and makes her an attractove candidate.
Obama doesn;t get a fraction of the overanalysis of his every step that Clinton gets. Its unbelievable.
George Bush got misty-eyed when he talked about the troops in the State of The Union. Where are the freaking criticisms there, the microscopic analysis? Romney has cried several times on the campaign trail - to barely more than a whimper from the press corps.

Does the simple fact that she was First Lady absolve the difference of coverage and attitude between Clinton and Obama? Or is it something else?
And all this talk about the great Clinton political machine is right-wing created myth. Bill was a minority President both times. Hillary is trailing a man who spent formative years in Indonesia studying the Koran and who a few years ago was a state senator in Illinois.

I actually agree with your first sentence. It's where I think a good deal of the defense of her comes from as so much of it is simply doesn't work with the facts.

Hillary was the media darling right up until she and Bill interjected race into the debate. Honestly it's not fair to put that on her, it was Bill and she's suffered for it. The media turned on her at that point.

Still they are playing with her with kid gloves. There is no mention and no debate questions about her being implicated in numerous scandals before and during her husbands administration. No other candidate could have Hillary's baggage and have it be a virtual non issue to the press. Travelgate, FBI files and numerous books written by former staffers that make her out to be the anti Christ and not a peep from the press. If Obama had that kind of baggage they would tar and feather him. The press is as kind to her as they can be. The funny thing is they wouldn't even have to look in Hillary's closet to find her skeletons, they are all on display on the front lawn and the press walks up to the front door and pretends they don't see them. Frankly I'm glad the Clinton legacy of scandal is not part of this campaign but the fact it's not being thrown around is proof of media balance.

In the end Obama doesn't get that kind of coverage because he's polished and has a great public persona and doesn't make the kinds of gaffes and errors Hillary makes. He knows how to position his statements and is good on the fly. If he did screw up it would be covered. He took some heat for his Reagan and Clinton comments in the press as they were perceived as pro Reagan and anti Clinton but overall he just doesn't say or do things to get hit on.

Track record. Once again the cynicism toward the Clinton's is well earned lest we forget Bill's funeral performance. Her crying may be legit but they have done this to themselves with all the contrived performances over the last decade and a half.

Now there you go again - merging the two Clintons as if they were one - and yet you chide her for using the word "I". Isn't that somewhat like the guy who says "Mexicans are lazy," followed by "Mexicans are stealing our jobs." :hihi:

We're not talking about "an affair". There are 5 well documented that we know of and a lot more speculated on. Now, this is a matter of personal opinion. There are many that respect her "sticking by her man". I'm not one of those people. I respect when someone works through "an affair". I think it's pathetic when someone sits there with a big grin on their face next to a chronic adulterer who causes them constant public humiliation.
Well, that's not how I remember it. Again, I don't want politicians defining love/ marriage for me, and I'll show them the same respect.

This is actually pretty rich considering there are many who see Hillary as the brains behind the Clintons and Bill as the charismatic figure head. It was a running joke for 8 years the Hillary was actually President. When she first announced people joked hasn't she already served 8 years? Even now people are saying that Bill's ego will over shadow the VP but I haven't heard any consensus position that he would be running the country. Your reaching a bit here to try and find some sexism.
I think claiming that "many" (as opposed to a few enhanced by media) saw HC running the country behind the scenes is a stretch. The media and those seeking or trying to maintain power play on fears. That was so overplayed and tiresome and without substance from the onset.

I doubt real stats exist on this. It's perception which is how most things in campaigns are driven.
So we agree that perception and reality are not necessarily the same, right?

Now there you go again - merging the two Clintons as if they were one - and yet you chide her for using the word "I". Isn't that somewhat like the guy who says "Mexicans are lazy," followed by "Mexicans are stealing our jobs." :hihi:

No it's not. Hillary was more active than probably any First Lady ever in policy. Has there ever been a FL so active in a major policy push as "her" Health Care plan? Every report from insiders point out that Hillary was extremely involved in policy. Hillary herself touts Bills 8 years as her "experience in the White House".

They are one. That's not a bad thing. My wife and I are one as well. She even helps me with work from time to time if I'm working from home.

Well, that's not how I remember it. Again, I don't want politicians defining love/ marriage for me, and I'll show them the same respect.

It's not about defining marriage it's about revealing character. I judge a person by the "content of their character" and to me willingness to sacrifice dignity for accomplishment and power (which is what I feel she did) is a negative character trait.

I think claiming that "many" (as opposed to a few enhanced by media) saw HC running the country behind the scenes is a stretch. The media and those seeking or trying to maintain power play on fears. That was so overplayed and tiresome and without substance from the onset.

Semantics. I've been involved in more conversations than I can count and heard more interviews and read more book than I can count that take the position that Hillary is the true brain behind Bill.

So we agree that perception and reality are not necessarily the same, right?

Of course not. If it was everyone would perceive everything exactly the same and message boards would be mind numbingly boring. However, there is enough meat on the bone to debunk the idea that people who won't vote for Hillary are either sexist or manipulated by the media. This isn't a fresh face on the scene. This is someone with a well documented history and often bruised public image. The negatives are real and substanative not testosterone filled ramblings.

Given her loaning of $5 million to her campaign, and the info that Mark Penn scored $4.3 million alone, I can only hope this is "her" money. Her husband has financial sources which scream for an investigation.

Last edited:
Bttt. Today's developments, including the dead tie and more friendly Obama territory, portends ill for the Hildebeest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom