Hill's finger injury...Torn tendon (mod edit) (1 Viewer)

If you haven’t noticed, Winston had a season-ending knee injury. Yes, we would be better with Winston, he’s hurt. We would be better with Drew, but he’s retired. Next man up. We would be better with Taysom at QB than Semien.

Im talking about next year. A healthy Winston and Hill with a healthy Thomas and Kamara.

Good point. I don’t know why we extended him for so much (I am fine with extending him), but I don’t blame him for signing the extension.

He has the heart of a lion.
Upon further review of that cowgirl game; I came away with several strong points to deal with! All R just In My Humble Opinion, yet I believe all are valid: <>

#1 Taysom Hill is one BAD MOFO who can and did put his TEAM on his back and WON me over realizing there's nothing which can't be "fixed" for him to be an EXTREME player and as a QB in this game.

#2 Hill seems to me to just not have enough TIME spent on task to do what the GREAT ONE, #9 Drew Brees, found a great method to prepare and rehearse, over and over again as WRs and RBs ,TEs whomever realized it was that connection with which players can become GREAT.

#3 If the ball is thrown in a decent position, where YACs can be developed. Hill constantly threw where the receivers were, NOT where they were going on routes. Whenever ANY QB gets that opportunity from being seriously prepared for coverages to knowing what and where WRs are going to be! Ball out in front of those wide open routes lead to huge "chunk plays"!

#4 Deonte' ,even with his drops, as he works his way into a true WR role, that can be corrected. That catch and run for a TD he made? That can't be coached nor can his Kick Returns skills! He's a true weapon @ any position as he does catch well , usually!

#5 The stunning shear GUTS of Taysom Hill is undeniable and his ability running the ball is about a thrilling as it gets in this NFL.

#6 This season is one of the most "snake bit" injury riddled season I've ever seen from ANY NFL TEAM. Breaks all of our hearts for those players who DO play their hearts out! Just look at the over-all play of Kwon Alexander, coming back from a torn achilles! Talk about one TOUGH SOB! Legendary Indeed! His play on Thursday Night was awesome to focus on! I salute ALL of Our PLAYERS , Coaches and Punter, Gilliken? That dude has some kind of control for distance which is scary good!

#7 Think we might be able to actually have a consistently GOOD instead of God Awful? Lutz! We NEED U back 4 sure!

These "points" may not resonate with you, depending on your own point of view or bias or whatever......Just consider what is written here to some degree being from one who have seen this TEAM since 1st snap! What I saw? A TEAM which has no Quit in them whatsoever! There's loads of injury issues which have plagued us like some kind of "Stench" we just can't wash off...........What do we DO as an Organization?

THAT remains to be seen. If it were me? I'd finish off this season with Trevor &
Book, continue to Coach both up to try and learn how to climb up and around in a pocket and focus on ALL of our Back-ups and PS players! Give all others TIME to heel totally and finally to field as solid a recovering TEAM possible for NEXT season. Let's see if Jameis can make a strong return, Coach up Taysom and allow him to jump in with his style of play with a healthy "O"-line, a complement of RBs , time for EVERY QB to throw to whomever we have @ WR so NO issues no matter what. Imagine a TEAM with CGM, #41, #14, #7, #11 a solid "O"-line, this defense but NOT having to overcome so much slack from The Offense! Now THAT would be some kind of birch'in TEAM! It's OUR TEAM if we can get them on the field at one time! So many talented players! Healthy #2 all the way through our roster, "Full Practice" rated! No other TEAM could touch us~!

If Jameis Winston can rehab and returns to that calm style he had found in his game, then his own ability to RUN when those ops occur? With all of those supporting contributors? With this Defense where they do take pride in their play and have play makers? I have nothing but confidence going forward!

NO! I don't know what CSP and ML are considering but I can tell you this; The New Orleans SAINTS are a very talented TEAM but we do NEED that TEAM which was built and NOT to become starters in this League filled with hungry youngsters who are becoming Pros right in front of our eyes. This certainly hasn't been OUR Season of Hopes and Dreams" but even with the bad calls and our hurting ourselves w/ no good penalties, dropped passes, passes late to the targets, et al.......There was much GOOD to be seen given from our players in the face of so much adversity , I actually loved the fight Our TEAM displayed! Of course the missed FG along with ALL of the missed kicks of this entire season killed us throughout our season also. So MANY things going against us I almost forgot about those loser kicks.

I LOVE The New Orleans SAINTS! Love the Org. since we said Bye. Bye to J. Haslett and the Brooks' circus of FUBARs! Loved it before and can say ; The Haslett era sucked to be a fan when there was so much I hated about our TEAM then. To me? Our future, no, not for the next few games but next season? I'm still and remain; ALL IN! That's it. I'd send in the players I need to SEE in the game for evaluations and that will prove to be the BEST method to finish out this season in preparation for next! Flame ON!

Last edited:
I questioned that the day they signed him🙄
What were you thinking as you saw him run and some of his passes being exhilarating plays and those throws scoring TDs? Nothing ,not one thing which can't be coached up and time on task with your WRs can't help with! So much TEAM potential IF we can ever field our starting roster!

He77 Bro! Say or write what U will but TH#7 plays his guts out for The SAINTS! It shouldn't be this season but just as soon as he is fully capable? I'm calling my WRs and paying for some extra TIME with them as did JW#2 this season. With those TWO operating @ QB? CGM being on the field and effective and so on.....? This TEAM is LOADED to the gills w/talented players and too many couldn't answer the CALL!

Players gonna play and should get whatever $s they can! This "game" simply doesn't last and people LOVE a player who is so obviously brutal and as a QB? Give the guy some real TIME with whomever our WRs turn out to be!

I overlooked that. Yuck. If Hill's health issues aren't just a one year speedbump, this could be ugly.
Yeah, looking through the detail of his contract, it doesn’t really help with next year cap like some have mentioned but actually increased it. They will probably convert his salary to signing bonus to spread it out.

The most he gets playing out the 4 years without earning any incentive is $40M. 10.1 in 2022, 9.9 in 2023, 10 in 3034 and 2025.
I said will have so add in the money he’s already made to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom