Hines Ward vs. Saints Secondary (1 Viewer)

cki3915

Reaction score
As well as the defense has played, McKenzie, Thomas, Craft and company have been burned a fair share of times. How do y'all think that they match up with Hines Ward?

I think we match up very well against bigger-not so fast WR's like Ward. It's the fast shifty WR's like S.Smith that give us the biggest headache.

I worry alot more about the Steelers run game where Ward is deadly. He's like an extra TE out there the way he lays the wood. If we lose it will be because of Willie Parker and Heath Miller, not Hines Ward in the passing game. I think MM matches up very well against him.

As well as the defense has played, McKenzie, Thomas, Craft and company have been burned a fair share of times. How do y'all think that they match up with Hines Ward?

You have Hines on your fantasy team, don't you.

Roth has to get the ball to him first. Word is Pitt is going back to their run offense but this is a bad game to do that. I look for the saints secondary to have a big day. Just make sure the saints do not knock Roth out of the game.

This concerns me because of what happened against Donalr Driver a good reciever that is not a speed guy but runs great routs and has a lot of heart.

If I was the Saints I would match Thomas up on himand us e McK to shut down whoever else is on the field. That way Ward only gets to run block on Thomas who is not known to be a speed guy or great run support. McKwould then be able to play run support and us his speed on their #2.

Remember we stop the run inside our problems are mainly on the edge so McK would help stop Parker

I would be surprised if he didn't burn our DBs a couple of times on Sunday. What's new? I just hope they're for big gains and not touchdowns.

I don't see Ward beating us up too badly. Fast WR's tend to give us much bigger problems than guys like Ward. I think this game will come down to stopping Pittsburg's rushing offense. I have a feeling that we will see a physical Steeler team that is determined to run the ball.

Hines is on my fantasy team...

but seriously, I think the Craft concussion is going to be a blessing-in-disguise...

Dejuan Groce is a pretty decent corner, he's better than Craft...and if I can remember, he's about 6'1"...he played a significant number of snaps for the Giants last year. so hopefully he'll step right into the nickel and do better than Craft has been doing...

If I was the Saints I would match Thomas up on himand us e McK to shut down whoever else is on the field. That way Ward only gets to run block on Thomas who is not known to be a speed guy or great run support. McKwould then be able to play run support and us his speed on their #2.
If they do that then it means they're mainly going to be running to Ward's side of the field. This means that McKenzie will be all the way on the other side and effectively out of the play anyway.

I think you put MM on Ward and let him take his chances on running plays rather than putting the smaller Freddie T on him.

Two words, Pass Rush. We have to get to Rothlisburger and make him hurry his throws. He has been their weak link all season. Give him time, give Hines Ward time, and any secondary will be toast. See Denver game last week. Their O-Line is suspect, Big Ben is rushing and trying too hard. Time for Hollis, Will and Charles to break loose and handle business. Go Saints!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom