Saints Hints that Ruiz will be the center; McCoy sliding to guard (here's why) (1 Viewer)

I think Ruiz will play center & McCoy will move to right guard. This makes Warford expendable & maybe a trade to someone. This was Striefs & Kortes take earlier today. There were comments made that McCoy did not do a good job adjusting on the fly when his man went to another gap. He got lost in the line & did not block anyone or was to late to double team.

I think Ruiz will play center & McCoy will move to right guard. This makes Warford expendable & maybe a trade to someone. This was Striefs & Kortes take earlier today. There were comments made that McCoy did not do a good job adjusting on the fly when his man went to another gap. He got lost in the line & did not block anyone or was to late to double team.

Steve Korte & Strief (both of whom were stalwart O-linemen) know what they're talking about!

:gosaints:

I agree. My commentary is simply an observation that our injury prone LT continues to be backed up by an injury prone LG. I can't believe that hasn't bitten us in the arse more than it has. We have been lucky, and we have been warned!

Someone earlier mentioned Greenidge. I forgot about him, but he was stashed on PS, and I think we pulled him up to active roster because someone tried to poach him. Man I hope he pans out!
Greenidge made the final 53 out of camp and never left the roster. Kelly spent all season on the PS.

Losing Unger unexpectedly, I felt like Center would be a position of concern. Then comes McCoy. Seemed to have good chemistry with Brees. Very few mistakes and an all around great season that honestly made me forget about Unger. I think that’s what is most shocking.

I was never aware that McCoy struggled with adjustments. Hopefully this new guy can step right in and offer the same seamless transition and play mistake free, snapping the ball perfectly to Brees. Looks like a great player, but there’s always a little worry when swapping players at a crucial position, at least in my mind.
I can't believe that people think Unger's retirement was unexpected. The media & fans had no idea. The team had discussed it w/him long before anybody else heard. NO shock, not unexpected @ all.

Ruiz has already that he has always played center and loves it there. I think he stays there...and they will move McCoy. IMO that automatically improves out line.

I can't believe that people think Unger's retirement was unexpected. The media & fans had no idea. The team had discussed it w/him long before anybody else heard. NO shock, not unexpected @ all.

What I’m saying is that it was unexpected by me, and I was worried we wouldn’t be able to find a player of his caliber to replace him with, especially so quickly.

I dunno, I'll just go with these words uttered directly from the mouth of Ruiz:

"I was born to play center".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom