Hiring DA means we are reloading not rebuilding (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The sun has set on a beautiful era of New Orleans Saints football.

We will have our moment to reminisce in joy and mourn in heartbreak , but alas a new day must arise.

Nearly 2 decades ago we were gifted a Hall of fame QB and Coach.

The man who gifted us them is still here. Without Loomis does Sean go on to have a Hall of fame career ?

Does Drew ?

While Sean and Drew are special and will forever be immortalized in history , they both share one thing in common. They were both average before Loomis.

Im opting for the Loomis was the mastermind behind the Genius and Greatness of Brees and Payton view ( admittedly because he's all we have left ).

So here we are again , amidst the dawn of a new day , and what will Loomis do ?

I don't exactly know , but I do understand the logic behind the 2 options rebuilding or retooling.

If Loomis opts to rebuild , he feels Allen isn't the right man to take the franchise forward. He will opt for a full rebuild , and feature a new young HC and QB in the immediate future. DA might want to be the high man in the castle again , but feels compromised by cap issues and doesn't want his second chance to be rigged from the gate.

If Loomis hires DA as head coach , it is because he and Loomis covet this once in a generation defense and they believe we are still just a QB away. If DA has learned anything its that the grass isnt always greener on the other side. That having a great GM is invaluable in building a career. That having a close knit GM and Owner like we have here is not happening anywhere else.

My prediction is

1. DA is hired as Head Coach
2. We get under the cap minus Armstead
3. Jameis Winston signs an extension
4. We draft 2 stud Wide Receivers

We win the division. Make a deep playoff push.

Maybe win a chip in the next 4 years.

My prediction is

1. DA is hired as Head Coach
2. We get under the cap minus Armstead
3. Jameis Winston signs an extension
4. We draft 2 stud Wide Receivers

We win the division. Make a deep playoff push.

Maybe win a chip in the next 4 years.”

⬆️
This

Peats not horrible run blocking , Ruiz is hilariously bad at both
Peat is not bad at run blocking. He just always seems to get dinged up. Always has a lower leg. And when he's hurt he doesn't play nearly as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom