Historical Data: Saints value the LB position, ALOT (1 Viewer)

100% agree. Another guy who’s flying under the radar is WIS hybrid EDGE/LB Nick Herbig. Could be a mega get for us RD3-4 as well. Herbig has true pass rush ability & is athletic & fast enough to be cross trained as an off ball LB. Straight up, Herbig is a game breaker. That dude is literally a streamlined version of Kaden Elliss.

Didn't Baun come from Wisconsin? Don't they run a 3-4? Small fast OLBs. I always thought Baun was just out of place in the 4-3 that we run. He was a pass rusher and we used him as a true LB, which he isn't. Herbig reminds me of Baun.

The thing that stuck out to me the most on that list was Werner’s size. He doesn’t look as big as those guys at all or maybe it’s his non LB number that throws me off.

Value, or just swing & miss so often that they have to keep going back to the well?

I won't tell you Allen didn't pound the table for those guys, but I also know that Kikaha was a player Ryan wanted, despite his athletic profile not befitting his selection there. Glad it's helpful though.

Touche! For arguments sake both were quickly replaced a year later. So perhaps I would have been wise to take the input.

100% agree. Another guy who’s flying under the radar is WIS hybrid EDGE/LB Nick Herbig. Could be a mega get for us RD3-4 as well. Herbig has true pass rush ability & is athletic & fast enough to be cross trained as an off ball LB. Straight up, Herbig is a game breaker. That dude is literally a streamlined version of Kaden Elliss.

How did he test. Baun potentially could have stayed as more edge rusher, but his explosiveness etc just didn't line up considering he's already underweight.

Herbig looks to likely suffer from a similar issue. It's one thing to be a 6'2 235 edge rusher with a 4.40 40 and 11 foot broad with a 38inch vertical, vs being that guy and having a 4.6 40 with a 9 foot 6 broad and 33inch vert. They will instantly ask you to play ILB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom