History Channel's "The Bible" (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't seen it but came across this article. I do remember the George Bush- Game of Thrones controversy so maybe it's *** for tat.

What do you think?

Is there are resemblance? And if so was it intentional? And should anyone be upset about this?

========================================================

The actor who plays the devil on the History channel's "The Bible" bears more than a passing resemblance to President Obama, a fact that hasn't gone unnoticed on social media.

So, was it intentional? Responding to the speculation, the History released a statement saying, "History channel has the highest respect for President Obama. The series was produced with an international and diverse cast of respected actors. It's unfortunate that anyone made this false connection...................

Actor Who Plays the Devil on History's 'The Bible' Looks Like Obama - Yahoo! TV

Attachments

Brandon13

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
“The Bible is the foundation of this nation, of our laws, of our society,” Burnett said. “There wouldn’t have been the Declaration of Independence. President Obama swore his allegiance to all of us not on one Bible, on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Bible and Abraham Lincoln’s bible last month. It’s on our money: ‘In God We Trust.’”

"It’s time to change that, for the sake of the nation’s children. It’s time to encourage, perhaps even mandate, the teaching of the Bible in public schools as a primary document of Western civilization." - Mark Burnett
http://t.co/JSlvRInUKh

I'm pretty sure Burnett knows what he's doing.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The History Channel used to be something I watched in 1999. Once they got into "real" ghost investigators and crap like that 10 years ago, I tuned out. Used to be good when there were fewer originals and they replayed some good WWII docs like Battlefield, and good bios early too, but they split all those off into subchannels and the the main channel became an utter joke.

St. Greatness

Tartar Sauce!!!
Reaction score
“The Bible is the foundation of this nation, of our laws, of our society,” Burnett said. “There wouldn’t have been the Declaration of Independence. President Obama swore his allegiance to all of us not on one Bible, on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Bible and Abraham Lincoln’s bible last month. It’s on our money: ‘In God We Trust.’”

"It’s time to change that, for the sake of the nation’s children. It’s time to encourage, perhaps even mandate, the teaching of the Bible in public schools as a primary document of Western civilization." - Mark Burnett
History Channel's Incredibly Obama-Like Satan - Little Green Footballs

Someone keep that man at least 1,000 feet away from all schools.

TechDawg09

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

History Channel's Incredibly Obama-Like Satan - Little Green Footballs

He's from London; why does he want to mess with our schools?

redlandssaintsson

Fan By Blood
Reaction score
To be fair to GoT, they do bring it up in the commentary and say that it's just the stuff they had lying around, and that there's actually many "famous" faces up on that wall. I don't buy it, but there it is.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Cheap b******s should have gotten this guy.

<embed src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/210029557/d4a937ef" width="420" height="250" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>

jcollins9

Bring The WOOD!
Reaction score
The History Channel used to be something I watched in 1999. Once they got into "real" ghost investigators and crap like that 10 years ago, I tuned out. Used to be good when there were fewer originals and they replayed some good WWII docs like Battlefield, and good bios early too, but they split all those off into subchannels and the the main channel became an utter joke.
Yeah, when they started producing shows about ancient aliens, conspiracy theories, and such, I lost all respect for the channel.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
:shrug: Is someone on the political board in favor of a Jesus that looks like Mitt Romney?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)