History says: Saints will run a lot on Sunday (1 Viewer)

Tampa Bay is allowing the least rushing yards per game in the entire league. Between that and the fact that their offense is known for playing up tempo and can pile on points + no Marshon Lattimore. I understand that we may want to run the ball, but game script may not let us run as much as we want.

Tampa Bay is allowing the least rushing yards per game in the entire league. Between that and the fact that their offense is known for playing up tempo and can pile on points + no Marshon Lattimore. I understand that we may want to run the ball, but game script may not let us run as much as we want.
we didnt allow a 100 yard rusher till last week either.

I expect 20+ rush attempts. I would not expect a 5 yard or even 4+ ypc average against the Bucs run defense.
Why not? Seahawks and titans had running success. Do you think Payton would bail out of run game like he did against atl?

Why not? Seahawks and titans had running success. Do you think Payton would bail out of run game like he did against atl?

No I don't think he will bail on the run game. As I said, I expect 20+ attempts rushing. I think Payton will seek more balance and rushing ATTEMPTS this week. What I wouldn't expect is our run game to be any more productive than 4 yards per carry against the Bucs D. Payton has been known to stay with the run attempts even when the Saints are getting less than 4 yards per carry. I expect he will do that against the Bucs as long as our O line doesn't put us in long yardage situations with holding penalties or false starts.

I can't help but think there was more running in last weeks game plan, but circumstances or whatever kept us off schedule. If we were playing from WAY behind, I'd get it. But we weren't.

It was like watching our offensive play calling from years ago. Back when we all begged for SP to have more balance in his play calling.

Cant see going 180 degrees from last weeks gameplan, with TB being so strong against the run, but we did have success running against them week 4. But that was more balance than anything.

Balance is what we need. SP knows this. So it's what I expect Sunday.

Exactly.
You don't gameplan to attack a team's strength just because you failed to utilize that part of your game the week before. The Saints will prepare plays & schemes that will exploit the weaknesses of an opponent.

And with our patchwork offensive line it will be especially critical to execute each man's assignment whether it is a pass or a run play. I see this as a tough divisional road game that should be close. It won't be a cakewalk at all!

Bucs have the Number 1 rushing defense I think. If we do make running part of the game-plan......we need to win in the trenches and thats a tall order with a banged up Oline. Curious to see how the Saints approach the game. And, if we can run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom