History says: Saints will run a lot on Sunday (1 Viewer)

Tampa Bay is allowing the least rushing yards per game in the entire league. Between that and the fact that their offense is known for playing up tempo and can pile on points + no Marshon Lattimore. I understand that we may want to run the ball, but game script may not let us run as much as we want.

I haven't watched the Bucs. How in the world have they become so good at stopping the run in the NFL as to be #1? And do you think they can stop the Saints if SO is fully committed to the run? Thx

I haven't watched the Bucs. How in the world have they become so good at stopping the run in the NFL as to be #1? And do you think they can stop the Saints if SO is fully committed to the run? Thx
Look at their Front 7.. Vita Vea at the Nose has made massive leaps this season and is becoming a more complete player, Suh has always been a force in the trenches when he feels like it, Barrett and Nassib are always going to give you 100% effort.. they got JPP back.

At Linebacker you've seen Lavonte David for years now. Very smart heady Linebacker, and Devin White flashes his athleticism in every game.

Look at their Front 7.. Vita Vea at the Nose has made massive leaps this season and is becoming a more complete player, Suh has always been a force in the trenches when he feels like it, Barrett and Nassib are always going to give you 100% effort.. they got JPP back.

At Linebacker you've seen Lavonte David for years now. Very smart heady Linebacker, and Devin White flashes his athleticism in every game.

Key Kid! Thx so much. So they are loaded with front 7 monster talent who are finally playing to their ability.

Todd Bowles is the Bucs D coordinator and his defenses are usually pretty good stopping the run - usually less than 4 yards per carry. His run D was very good in 2013 when he was the D coordinator for the Cardinals and most years after that the Jets were good at stopping the run when Bowles was their head coach - the Jets 2018 defense being the exception.

Last edited:
I don't really care whether they run or pass. Just find what's working and exploit the heck out of it. Of course, I think you want to mix it up enough to keep the defense guessing and off balance.

Must establish the run cant become 1 dimensional!

Don’t worry. We’ll run behind Clapp. :help:

A balanced approach can keep Jameis Winston looking on the sidelines this Sunday. I don't expect that much of a shootout tomorrow.

Do you think Payton would bail out of run game like he did against atl?

dd0.png

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpeg

In short, yes. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom