Hit and Run (1 Viewer)

Backing into a space is all about knowing the dimensions of your vehicle and knowing how to do it. I could back into a space with no problem, but yeah I realize many people can't... that doesn't make it less safe because they can't do it.

Actually, it does make it less safe.

Because the space you back into you already know is free of something hittable. Thus, unless you can't park and back into a car in any of the adjacent spaces, it's smooth sailing to back into a space.

Backing OUT of a space, though -- you never know what's coming, if someone is gonna walk behind that SUV next to you and right into your backing up path, if a kid is too small to be noticed, or if a car is driving by too fast and you end up backing into him.

Personally, I'd rather back up into a known area than into an unknown area.

Makes sense, but to me it just seems pointless. I would rather just back out, it is not that hard to look both ways when backing out, but if you are backing in to a space, you are constantly looking in both directions so you don’t hit the vehicles next to you.

Then again, if you are very good at backing into a space, I would imagine that you can do that faster and safer then backing out of a space.

If you think about it, a vehicle is actually more maneuverable backing into a tight parking spot than trying to pull in with forward motion. It's all about the pivot point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom