Hits keep coming...Underhill a week away from no longer covering Saints (1 Viewer)

I was reading his Unger article and just really appreciated his opening lines. He has a way with writing the way Jim Henderson had with words. After reading the entire article, I thought to myself, “At least we still have someone who can capture the thoughts of our fan base and sum it up perfectly.” It’s uncanny that he would reveal he is leaving only a few hours later. This offseason is a tough one, and will only prepare us for the day # 9 throws his final pass. Let’s enjoy the ride this year. Thanks, Nick, for sharing your talents with us.

I was reading his Unger article and just really appreciated his opening lines. He has a way with writing the way Jim Henderson had with words. After reading the entire article, I thought to myself, “At least we still have someone who can capture the thoughts of our fan base and sum it up perfectly.” It’s uncanny that he would reveal he is leaving only a few hours later. This offseason is a tough one, and will only prepare us for the day # 9 throws his final pass. Let’s enjoy the ride this year. Thanks, Nick, for sharing your talents with us.

?????

Can't. Take. Another. Goodbye.

This is really surprising because Underhill has been pretty candid in the past about how happy he was doing exactly what he was doing.

Like, when he would take questions on the patreon-only podcast and people asked him if he was aspiring to get to espn or whatever, he would talk about how he doesn’t want to cover the whole league because he likes focusing on one thing at a time or whatever.

Maybe that was him just trying to not bash his current job setup but this surprises me.

The only thing that would make sense to me is if maybe he works for an actual NFL team. He’s got the smarts for it, he’s dedicated to film watching. He would be a good fit.

But if he is moving in the ESPN or some league-wide reporting, it’s a baffling move considering his past comments.

That being said, he is literally the best reporter we’ve ever had, and he deserves to take his career wherever he wants because he is the gold standard. I wish him the best; he’s earned it.

I know that folks don't mean to cause any harm with the adoption jokes, but people should also know that adoption is a pretty rough ride for kids, even without adoption as a punchline. I don't want to be preachy about it, just a gentle heads-up.

Dang. All these goodbyes AND I lost $20. I bet the mock suicide Barney gun gif would have the first person to complain about it.

Nick is going to be tough to replace. I wonder who is going to step up and keep the train rollin.

His picks against the spread in the Advocate every Sunday morning during football season will be dearly missed, he was one of the best picking against the spreads I have ever seen

Am I missing something? Can Underhill play center? Isn't he a journalist?. I repeat .... a journalist. The world already has way too many of them (as well as dodgy real estate agents). We did just great without him before he came into the local media spotlight ... and we will done fine without him again. This is a non issue to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom