Hits keep coming...Underhill a week away from no longer covering Saints (1 Viewer)

Am I missing something? Can Underhill play center? Isn't he a journalist?. I repeat .... a journalist. The world already has way too many of them (as well as dodgy real estate agents). We did just great without him before he came into the local media spotlight ... and we will done fine without him again. This is a non issue to me.
Someone's wife left them for a RE/MAX agent.

Just kidding, of course... :biglol:

Am I missing something? Can Underhill play center? Isn't he a journalist?. I repeat .... a journalist. The world already has way too many of them (as well as dodgy real estate agents). We did just great without him before he came into the local media spotlight ... and we will done fine without him again. This is a non issue to me.

Hard to argue with this... Underhill was fine as the Saints reporter, but I think many thought he was even better than he is because of the laundry list of garbage pail kids this team had had covering them over the years.
At the end of the day, he’s just another guy

Hard to argue with this... Underhill was fine as the Saints reporter, but I think many thought he was even better than he is because of the laundry list of garbage pail kids this team had had covering them over the years.

Well, I enjoyed his articles and even his podcast. The few times that I got to speak with him, he was very cool.

The thing I liked about an Underhill article was that you knew you were going to get an honest take not a hot take.

I strongly disagree. He is one of the best beat writers in the country and I am deeply familiar with most of them. Now, there are certainly those who do a terrible job, especially the ones who do not even show up to the facility and rely on secondhand info. But among the really strong beat writers across the country, Nick travels well in that company. What makes him special is his ability to provide analysis, not just coverage. You won’t see many beat writers breaking down film or utilizing analytics to analyze a player/team’s performance. He is a huge loss but he was always on borrowed time.

I strongly disagree. He is one of the best beat writers in the country and I am deeply familiar with most of them. Now, there are certainly those who do a terrible job, especially the ones who do not even show up to the facility and rely on secondhand info. But among the really strong beat writers across the country, Nick travels well in that company. What makes him special is his ability to provide analysis, not just coverage. You won’t see many beat writers breaking down film or utilizing analytics to analyze a player/team’s performance. He is a huge loss but he was always on borrowed time.

Well said. He is a huge loss. I was 12 when the Saints came into the league and I was a Saints junkie from the get-go. I would read everything in print and listen to anything Saints on the radio. In those 52 years no Saints beat reporter matched the quality work of Nick Underhill. He will indeed be missed.

Wow. I’m surprised at how upset some folks are over losing Underhill (a beat writer). The guy was good and did fine work, but some of y’all actin like this guy suited up on Sundays.

I enjoyed his podcast and it sucks that’s going to end, but I still have BS&Beer.

Wow. I’m surprised at how upset some folks are over losing Underhill (a beat writer). The guy was good and did fine work, but some of y’all actin like this guy suited up on Sundays.

I enjoyed his podcast and it sucks that’s going to end, but I still have BS&Beer.

He was more than a beat writer. His breakdowns and analysis made complex, inside stuff easy to understand. That’s a gift.

Rev Deuce has a similar gift. I’d love to see him get a shot.

I think people just appreciated his work. No one is/should be correlating his leaving with our team's outlook or anything lol.

Well, I enjoyed his articles and even his podcast. The few times that I got to speak with him, he was very cool.

The thing I liked about an Underhill article was that you knew you were going to get an honest take not a hot take.
He's been pretty steadfast on Twitter that we are still the best team in the NFC and will likely be in the NFCCG and/or Super Bowl. I think too much can happen in a season to come up with a foregone conclusion like that but it holds a bit stock seeing as he's never been one to sugarcoat things and that he feels our team is still the top class of the NFC.

When he told me a week or so ago I was pretty upset. He's a great reporter, yes, but he's been a great friend to me. We'd spend time between games exchanging film notes/stats and comparing plays and players. Nick helped me get familiar with my first credentialed media event (2017 Senior Bowl) with great advice. I give him credit for helping me with the Scouting Academy (which he also attended) and for helping me get on board with The Athletic. Not only has he been a tremendous writer for our team, but he's been a wonderful friend. Where he's headed is lucky to have him.

When he told me a week or so ago I was pretty upset. He's a great reporter, yes, but he's been a great friend to me. We'd spend time between games exchanging film notes/stats and comparing plays and players. Nick helped me get familiar with my first credentialed media event (2017 Senior Bowl) with great advice. I give him credit for helping me with the Scouting Academy (which he also attended) and for helping me get on board with The Athletic. Not only has he been a tremendous writer for our team, but he's been a wonderful friend. Where he's headed is lucky to have him.

"Poured everything he had into me and for that I’m forever grateful. The smoothest first 2 years an NFL player has ever had and I owe a lot of it to you brother." -Kamara about Ingram

CALLED IT, REV!

Such a stupid and moronic thing to say. Dude is a top shelf beat writer.

That's awesome. @Underhill, best of luck to you going forward. We enjoyed having you here, and wish you the best in all your future undertakings.

Why get annoyed that other people care about something?

I’m gonna miss the heck out of his podcast. I looked forward to it each week. It was the only podcast I’ve given money to. He answered several of my questions directly on his members only mailbag episodes. I think the analysis and honesty will be hard to replace.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom