Hits keep coming...Underhill a week away from no longer covering Saints (1 Viewer)

Such a stupid and moronic thing to say. Dude is a top shelf beat writer.

How he feels and stated his opinion is automatically stupid and moronic because it happens to not fit your opinion? Hmmm.
Why do you always seem to be so condescending watt? You’re a smart fellow and a leader here, why constantly talk down to people?

On topic I liked Nick too and wish him well.

How he feels and stated his opinion is automatically stupid and moronic because it happens to not fit your opinion? Hmmm.
Why do you always seem to be so condescending watt? You’re a smart fellow and a leader here, why constantly talk down to people?

Did you notice that he edited his post to be a lot less antagonistic and dismissive? My response was appropriate I feel for the tone in which he originally wrote. I don't actually care what people's opinion of a particular writer or talking head is. There has been the tradition for as long as I can remember, born out of mostly envy I assume, to tear down and denigrate anyone lucky enough to get paid to participate in what we do anyway as our hobby. I get that, but Nick has been a very good beat writer, and presented well written and well reasoned articles and break downs in his time here. To refer to that as "just a guy" was asinine.

I don't think that I am, but I allow that I'm biased towards myself in this thought. I do know that we have seen a decline in the quality and tone of the Super Forum, to the point that many well reasoned and thoughtful members have completely quit posting here, and those that still make attempts to comment avoid it after a loss or any possibly negative situation due to the overwhelmingly negative declarations of calamity.

Also, I really dislike when posters try to dominate a conversation by shutting down the opposing side by overstating an uneducated opinion. It ruins the discourse and sells a false narrative that becomes a "forum truth", and I have always done everything in my power to oppose that. And I don't plan on stopping.

He's quite good.

Thanks, guys. It was a really hard decision to make. I never sought or intended to leave. I turned down all the other offers I've received over the years. Seeing the reaction the last few days has been overwhelming. I really loved and am appreciative of my time here. I hope that came across in the effort I put into my work.

Thanks, guys. It was a really hard decision to make. I never sought or intended to leave. I turned down all the other offers I've received over the years. Seeing the reaction the last few days has been overwhelming. I really loved and am appreciative of my time here. I hope that came across in the effort I put into my work.

So where are you going?

Good luck, Nunderhill. This fan will miss your fine work.

i wasn't a big fan at first, but it didn't take long for him to win me over. dammit. sigh. duncan.

Nick will be the first to tell you,

To hack it in his business, sometimes you have to ask the tough questions.

I’m just doing my job.

Cue “don’t ask me about injuries” response a la CSP

So you’re saying Nick might just be concussed and he’s really not leaving us? Deal!

Last edited:
Did you notice that he edited his post to be a lot less antagonistic and dismissive? My response was appropriate I feel for the tone in which he originally wrote. I don't actually care what people's opinion of a particular writer or talking head is. There has been the tradition for as long as I can remember, born out of mostly envy I assume, to tear down and denigrate anyone lucky enough to get paid to participate in what we do anyway as our hobby. I get that, but Nick has been a very good beat writer, and presented well written and well reasoned articles and break downs in his time here. To refer to that as "just a guy" was asinine.

I don't think that I am, but I allow that I'm biased towards myself in this thought. I do know that we have seen a decline in the quality and tone of the Super Forum, to the point that many well reasoned and thoughtful members have completely quit posting here, and those that still make attempts to comment avoid it after a loss or any possibly negative situation due to the overwhelmingly negative declarations of calamity.

Also, I really dislike when posters try to dominate a conversation by shutting down the opposing side by overstating an uneducated opinion. It ruins the discourse and sells a false narrative that becomes a "forum truth", and I have always done everything in my power to oppose that. And I don't plan on stopping.

He's quite good.

Hmmm.

I did not see that original of his watt. My apologies.
Nick is a very good writer and I’d tend to agree with most of your post above. Think I’ll play the lotto now. ?
Have a good one man.

Must speak volumes about Duncan that all of these reporters that cover the Saints are getting promoted to bigger and better things and he's stagnant.

Unless he genuinely wants to stay at NOLA.com/Times Picayune for the long haul.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom