Hmmmm Interesting (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
The 2008 NFL Season ended with an AFC North team facing an NFC West team in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl had some questionable calls/no-calls but the AFC North team won the Super Bowl. The Saints finished without a winning season that year. Subsequently, the Saints fired their DC.

The following season, the Saints won a Super Bowl.

The 2012 NFL season ended with an AFC North team facing an NFC West team in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl had some questionable calls/no-calls but the AFC North team won the Super Bowl. The Saints finished without a winning season that year. Subsequently, the Saints fired their DC.

The following season...... :scratch:

The 2008 Super Bowl was screwed up just as bad as the last one. Just the fact Pittsburgh needed 90 yards from penalties to do something goes to show how great they were that year. Kurt Warner was tearing them to pieces out there. Some really bad calls in that game screwed the Cardinals big time.

Cool story, except for the part where the Saints finished 7-9. They actually finished 8-8 in 2008.

Nice! Lets see if coincidence or trend plays the part now lol

the year before we won the Super Bowl I watched the Super Bowl at home (no party) I did the same this year. Championship!! book your New York hotels now.

The 2008 Super Bowl was screwed up just as bad as the last one. Just the fact Pittsburgh needed 90 yards from penalties to do something goes to show how great they were that year. Kurt Warner was tearing them to pieces out there. Some really bad calls in that game screwed the Cardinals big time.

Even with the screw job... the pick-6 before half is what really lost that game for the Cards. They couldn't knock him out of bounds... tackle wasn't necessary... just push him out.

The only thing that bothers me is the trend is still alive. The Ravens played the NFC East. The last handful of Super Bowl winners all played that same division. The Giants twice, Green Bay their year, we played the east in 2009 too.

The only thing that bothers me is the trend is still alive. The Ravens played the NFC East. The last handful of Super Bowl winners all played that same division. The Giants twice, Green Bay their year, we played the east in 2009 too.

Yeah, I saw that. But there is always hope, my man. Always hope!!

Trends are overrated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom