Hockey Playoffs 2013! (1 Viewer)

Toronto goalie James Reimer's wife is the brunette.
Toronto defenseman Dion Phaneuf's girlfriend is the blonde on the right (Elisha Cuthbert).

Phaneuf made a tactical error that led to the Bruins OT game winning goal...

CuthbertEyeRoll.gif

Toronto goalie James Reimer's wife is the brunette.
Toronto defenseman Dion Phaneuf's girlfriend is the blonde on the right (Elisha Cuthbert).

Phaneuf made a tactical error that led to the Bruins OT game winning goal...

CuthbertEyeRoll.gif

apparently the rolled eyes were for a rude fan sitting near them - or that's at least how reimer's girlfriend explained it. Both of them were rolling their eyes at what he said or how he was behaving.

That's Morning Toronto News for you... reporting on all the hard hitting issues :jpshakehead:

Great game, I was at madison square garden watching it! Friend of mine (we're both from louisiana) is a big hockey fan and got tickets.

I'm surprised they didn't by more. Holtby makes some questionable calls.

Hoping the Isles take care of those annoying flightless birds. At least for Crosby's sake they are playing in Pittsburgh tonight, so maybe he won't get hit in the face, jaw or throat, even though I really don't mind seeing him in pain.

So I went to the Caps/Rangers game last night with my Irish (like work visa Irish, not Irish-American) neighbor and his Irish friend down from Toronto.

Lord those Micks can pound beers. At one point before we went in, we downed three 20-ounce drafts in about 25 minutes (after I had two Jamesons on top of some sushi). So I was pretty loaded.

By the time OT was around, I was spinning. Ribeiro scored, I told them I had to bolt. I went outside and it was pouring rain, and I managed to get (soaked) into a cab. But on the way home, he had to pull over and let me puke.

Hockey!!

So I went to the Caps/Rangers game last night with my Irish (like work visa Irish, not Irish-American) neighbor and his Irish friend down from Toronto.

I hate you

Lord those Micks can pound beers. At one point before we went in, we downed three 20-ounce drafts in about 25 minutes (after I had two Jamesons on top of some sushi). So I was pretty loaded.

sounds good

By the time OT was around, I was spinning. Ribeiro scored

yup still hating you

I had to bolt. I went outside and it was pouring rain, and I managed to get (soaked) into a cab. But on the way home, he had to pull over and let me puke.

I call that a thursday night

I

Am

Sick

What a choke job by Leafs who cared nothing for defending the point while they tried to nurse a three goal lead.

Brutal.

I

Am

Sick

What a choke job by Leafs who cared nothing for defending the point while they tried to nurse a three goal lead.

Brutal.

Wow - what a crazy game that was. At least for us Caps fans game 7 was a laid egg and clear five minutes into the third that we had absolutely no chance.

The Leafs implosion must be excruciating.

The Leafs implosion must be excruciating.

It was a miserable third period. And we felt like the OT was a foregone conclusion (the Leafs had 2 really good chances early and that was it)

I know the Leafs are young (youngest team in the NHL, I think), but there were too many lapses in the last period and overtime. I told my wife that they were so weak defending the point, something that Don Cherry talked about after the first period, and sure enough - in the third period, that's how they tied the game. I think it's how they got the first four goals, iirc.

Nobody up top.

Then, in overtime, nobody bothering down low.

There were several times, on defense, when there were 2 or 3 Leafs bunched together for no reason and still couldn't get to or clear the puck. And 3 Leafs had a chance on the OT goal and it got through.

Just awful.

The city has been starving for a playoff contender for years. Expectations were pretty low going in vs. Boston. And down 3 games to 1, they were ready to call this season a positive step. But then to see the hope build and culminate through the first 2.80 periods only to be let down like that?

Ugh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom