HOF Players By Team (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind except for Finks, all the Saints players were elected since 2010.

B108D871-DB86-4E4D-B196-E13ACE0AD74B.jpeg

So allowing for Finks, who didn’t actually play for the Saints, we really have four actual players in the HOF — Jackson, Andersen, Roaf and Mills.
Yeah. 5 if you wanna include stone cold locks because Brees is getting inducted in a few years.

So allowing for Finks, who didn’t actually play for the Saints, we really have four actual players in the HOF — Jackson, Andersen, Roaf and Mills.
We’ve had a few more Hall of Famers pass through New Orleans before they called it a career: Jim Taylor, Dave Atkins, Ken Stabler, Earl Campbell and coach Hank Stram.

We’ve had a few more Hall of Famers pass through New Orleans before they called it a career: Jim Taylor, Dave Atkins, Ken Stabler, Earl Campbell and coach Hank Stram.
None of whom are in the Hall for what they did here

Brees is the only other lock we have, so far. Perhaps Sean Payton is the next most viable candidate. Other than that, I don’t think we have anyone else with quite the resume (just yet) to be a cinch.

Brees is the only other lock we have, so far. Perhaps Sean Payton is the next most viable candidate. Other than that, I don’t think we have anyone else with quite the resume (just yet) to be a cinch.
I think Cam might have a shot eventually. Obviously he needs to finish out his career strong, but he's putting together a strong resume. A ring would help!

None of whom are in the Hall for what they did here
Real talk…do you think Sam Mills is in the HOF without his resurgence and impact in Carolina?

I personally don’t think he’d have gotten the same consideration by the Hall if not for his time in Carolina.

Real talk…do you think Sam Mills is in the HOF without his resurgence and impact in Carolina?

I personally don’t think he’d have gotten the same consideration by the Hall if not for his time in Carolina.
Agreed. He only played 9 years for the Saints which for HOF standards is pretty short. And the USFL years generally get ignored since the stats don't count, as far as the football geeks are concerned. Being the face of Carolina's franchise during their expansion put him over the top. Hard to argue otherwise since it took them 20 years to put him in even with that going for him.

With that in mind, I wonder what metric they're using for who goes in with what team, since it's not like they have to choose a hat like they do in baseball.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically they aren't in as either team. They are inducted as an idividual, not by team.
Well, TD only played for one team, as opposed to Lewis who played for two. Statistically speaking, with the numbers TD put up vs longevity of career (or lack there of), then Jamal Lewis makes the same case or a better case.

Without breaking down the numbers, the nfc south must be rock bottom. 13 teams have more players than the whole division.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom