Hofstra Univ. getting excited over Colston's NFL success (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
...and they're paying attention to the details along the way. I mean, it's one thing to be excited about one of your alumni... but it's another thing to do your homework, then simply state the facts. Hofstra's article is really no hype; just the facts. And given the fact that they've had few players in the NFL (...let alone SUCCEED in the NFL), it makes their objectivity even more impressive. :17:

The Hofstra sports team cited the following about Colston's play during October, when he garnered Rookie of the Week and Month:

"...(Colston) hauled in 18 catches during the month with 16 resulting in a first-down or touchdown (88.9 percent)."

Link: http://www.hofstra.edu/Athletics/Fo...fm?gameID=AF0CE9FC-65B3-F1F2-61068CF47644497A

What a refreshing "Cinderella" story this has become. But more importantly, his success has been instrumental in the Saints' surprising start this year. May we continue with even more all the way to the postseason! :9:

He's my fantasy sleeper. Plus he kicks *** for the Saints. I love this guy.

This just goes to show you the draft is a crap shoot. Watching ESPN and the NFL network, nearly everyone is saying that Tom Brady, a sixth round draft pick, is better than number one draft pick Peyton Manning. Colston has had a better rookie season so far than the top 3 picks: Mario Williams, Reggie Bush or Vince Young. Since guys on the Line don't typically win it (exception is DE's get votes) I think the player that will give Colston a challenge for Rookie of is Maroney (NE RB). On the Defense, looks like AJ Hawk who is playing incredibly well in GB will be in the running.

Colston has had a better rookie season so far than the top 3 picks: Mario Williams, Reggie Bush or Vince Young.

No argument here. Good point.

Actually, all of our picks were quite good. The only one that I'm scratching my head about is why Hass wasn't picked up by another team. Or, did someone say that the Bears got him? :16:

No argument here. Good point.

Actually, all of our picks were quite good. The only one that I'm scratching my head about is why Hass wasn't picked up by another team. Or, did someone say that the Bears got him? :16:

Bears practice squad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom