Hokies' Flowers, projected to go in second round, enters NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

Nevimeister

I was there!
Reaction score
"Virginia Tech cornerback Brandon Flowers will forgo his senior year to enter the NFL Draft.

Flowers told the team he was projected as a second-round pick in April if he left school early, university spokesman Bryan Johnston said Monday. Flowers submitted paperwork to the NFL advisory committee in December.

Flowers was a second-team AP All-American his sophomore and junior years. He was third on the team in tackles this season with 86 and tied for the team lead with five interceptions."

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10563346

"CB, Brandon Flowers (Jr.)
Draft Projection: 2nd Round
Height: 5-10 | Weight: 200

Flowers is a naturally-gifted defender with excellent ball skills. He has excellent footwork and back pedals fluidly. He has great agility and doesn't lose momentum transitioning in coverage. He breaks well on the pass and instantly gets into an offensive position in defense. He's an instinctive defender who has a great burst of speed, diagnoses a play, and defends the run well. Flowers is an underclassman who's physically ready to take his game to the next level, but it remains to be seen if he'll do so. He's an elite corner with promising ability and is a definite Day One selection."

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/710248.html

Depends how the chips fall in the 1st round, but I'd be elated to snag him in the 2nd

marginal height, but sounds like he's a baller

worth #41? dunno, never seen him play

I'd be happy to trade our third and 6th to get someone like this in the late 2nd if he's still available though... Is a 6th enough to move up something like 10-13 positions from early third to late 2nd?

I've watched some VT games and this guy is the real deal. Flowers, IMO, is one of the top 5 corners entering the draft.

Plenty of people post pics like that, saying get money or whatever they want on the caption under it.
Not that big a deal..

I'm saying this without any technical knowledge of the guy, and this is probably purely emotion, but I really don't want another short CB. I've seen David, Craft, and Thomas abused by larger recievers to many times.

It just seems like short CB's are put at a disadvantage from the start before they even get a chance to use their skill set.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom