Holder: Paul Kruger came down to Browns vs Saints [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

maybe we can draft his brother, actually he has two brothers in this draft Dave and Joe. dave is a DT and Joe a DE like him. they may not get drafted or joe may be a late pick
Joe might have a better build for the position than Paul did.

The Ravens gave him a look in February.

Joe Kruger Meets With Ravens, Would Love To Join Brother

If players like Lemonier and Devin Taylor are gone in the 3rd-4th, Kruger could make tons of sense.

Right now we've been connected to 3 CB's so there seems like it's a high probability we'll sign at least 1 of them. That shuts the door on a first round CB.

We could go tackle but in most mocks I've seen they don't have any of the top 3 tackles making it to our pick. And the team already proved it doesn't place a high value on the tackle position. So their probably won't be a tackle worth taking at that spot and if there was, we still don't value the position enough to use our 1st round pick on.

Meanwhile we got the pass rushers. We obviously showed we really want one after are attempt to sign Kruger. In the draft Browns surely are not going pass rusher now and in every pre-FA mock everyone was giving them a OLB. Lions lost Avril but signed Jason Jones. They could go DE but you're looking at project like Ansah versus a guy like Milliner. They don't have a starting CB opposite Houston. I think they go BPA in Milliner. We are looking at the 2nd best pass rusher in the draft with only the Jags taking the best guy.

We are staying put and going pass rusher.

I was commenting in case the Saints would have signed Kruger. sadly, that isn't the case anymore. The Browns probably offered Kruger more money.

But right now plan B is in effect.....there are 3 CBs in play, and maybe 2 of them will be available to sign with the Saints. I think both Cox & and Lewis could be signed....I don't think Asomugha ends up in NOLA, although there is a chance giving the Ryan connection. Either way getting 2CBs is probably the target.

That leaves the pass rusher position open.....we have Galette, and the fact he signed a new contract means he will be one of the pass rushers, so another one opposite to Galette is a need position. Right now only Tez Wilson is penciled in there, but my hunch is, the Saints will want someone from FA to fill that need. Loomis is famous to want to fill all needs in FA, so then he can go BPA in the draft, so if they will still remain with a need after the FA, only then will your thinking be applicable. Its a good idea, but FA is reserved for filling mostly need positions......

Glad we didn't get him. I'm not empressed with the guy what so ever and would much rather see us draft Jarvis Jones or Mingo.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sean Payton on Paul Kruger "the number got a little to high for us so we had to step away."</p>&mdash; Fletcher Mackel (@FletcherMackel) <a href="https://twitter.com/FletcherMackel/status/313765465518379009">March 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom