Holder: Paul Kruger came down to Browns vs Saints [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

That shows us that the Saints are looking deeper than many of us are giving them credit. They may have a couple of suprises for us yet.

Don't get your hopes up. Saints will be very quite this year. Maybe a vet CB or DT.

Guy will be going downhill. Obviously is just playing for money now... Choose from a contender to the Browns? The offers must have differed tremendously.

You have to play for the money, considering what playing is doing to his body.

Prediction: This is the year the Saints land a diamond in the rough defender either later in the draft or as an undrafted free agent, a defender who plays defense the way Pierre Thomas plays RB.

Cleveland went into the day with the NFL's most cap room. They're the last team you'd want to get into a bidding war with. Glad we pulled out.

May be in a blessing in disguise for us. With the $$$ it would have cost us for him, we can prob get 2-3 2nd tier guys and try to fill his role in the draft.

Agreed. He is getting paid a lot of money to say he has been a PT player all these years. This is won of those deals where I think we'll be happy to miss out similar to that Rams CB from a few years ago.

I'm shocked. I really didn't think Kruger was on our list (fans yes, but not team).

I stand corrected.

I'm surprised too. I just didn't think we had close to that kind of money to spend. The good news is that it looks like Loomis has a plan to free up more cap room to sign some guys for reasonable money once the madness calms down. We should be able to get some real bargains on good players.

Prediction: This is the year the Saints land a diamond in the rough defender either later in the draft or as an undrafted free agent, a defender who plays defense the way Pierre Thomas plays RB.

So another Sammy Knight?

Does that make anyone feel better? It should make you feel worse. Why did we lose out? Money?

Does that make anyone feel better? It should make you feel worse. Why did we lose out? Money?

No because we didnt want to overpay a player. Havent we done that enough?! (smith, harper)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

We wont win them all. Ron Bartell, Gerald Sensabaugh....Others. Looks like kruger just stepped into richard seymours shoes..good luck paul

Why should we feel worse about it? It shows that the front office is not sitting back and taking this free agency period off, like some people on here seem to think. We are looking into options and are willing to sign players, just not overpay for them. This is nothing but a good thing IMO.

Come on down SOLB round one.

Kruger was the ravens rushbacker last year but he's played sam before.
Kruger credited his production to a couple factors, which appeared to coincide with his five-game stretch of at least one sack, which tied a franchise record set by Adalius Thomas....

But another was switching spots from the Sam position – which in a 3-4 scheme is on the left side of the defense’s alignment – to Rush on the right side.
Paul Kruger, Ravens leader in sacks with nine, fell one short of goal - baltimoresun.com

The ravens have met with Margus Hunt and his brother Joe Kruger already to probe possible replacements in the draft. I guess this would indicate interest in a primary pass rusher.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom