Holder: Victor Butler could be "high target" of Saints (1 Viewer)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7eGhB0hYnAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

now this i can say everyone saw coming from a mile away.

That would free us up to go DE in the Draft or LT

Don't sleep on us choosing a LT 1st. Because o fthe rookie salaries now is the perfect time to grab a franchise LT in the draft without having to worry about it handicapping ur salary cap in the future.

While I agree with you on LT, I think we would still go secondary. Lewis is the only CB we have that fits the Ryans secondary scheme. Also, Ryans scheme is pretty reliant on coverage pressure/sacks. I can see us targeting that CB Rhodes, Vaccaro, or Elam.

now this i can say everyone saw coming from a mile away.

That would free us up to go DE in the Draft or LT

Don't sleep on us choosing a LT 1st. Because o fthe rookie salaries now is the perfect time to grab a franchise LT in the draft without having to worry about it handicapping ur salary cap in the future.

Sorry but the only LT prospects who are 1st round grades will be gone, we will go BPA.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7eGhB0hYnAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not going to watch this until we sign him, don't get my hopes up. Re-post this after we sign him.

Hopefully R-Ryan and Keenan (college team-mate) are talking to him to come down here for a visit...we need him

I'm not so sure I'd put Galette at SOLB. I'd defenitely keep him at WOLB and have Butler and Wilson compete at SOLB, with Wilson playing some ILB too.

This!

Again, in going to the 3-4, SOLB is my biggest LB concern. My second is depth at OLB. Butler was mainly Spencers backup at SOLB, but played both OLB spots under RR in Dallas.

He would immediately give us some stability at SOLB, while Tez, and/or that OLB draft pick, develop and learn the position. He also has the versatility to play EITHER OLB spot.

Junior, Butler, Tez, and the draft pick. A good corps of OLBs. But IMO, having Butler's versatility and experience makes em all better!

Except the footprint of the franchise over the years has been building their offensive line through the later rounds of the draft, and the guy that starts at center for us was an UDFA that bounced around practice squads before landing here 3 years later.

I'm confident they have their eyes on a wealth of o-line talent to be found later on on draft weekend, and given how some of those later picks have turned out, if they take a lineman in the first, no matter how good he is, to me it would be a waste of a pick. Loomis does invest in the line, but like everywhere else he doesn't overpay. That franchise LT would be gone in 4 years anyway because some other team would throw the bank at him, like STL assuredly is doing with Long. I'd rather they keep taking the next man up approach.

If we can square away a couple more players on defense, Butler hopefully being one of them, and one of the big WR's falls to 15, I can't see Payton resisting. This year is about retribution and running the score up. I'd bet on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom