Holder: Victor Butler could be "high target" of Saints (1 Viewer)

Ring!

Butler: Hello

Ryan: Don't sign anything.

Butler: Coach, that you?

Ryan: See you tomorrow.

Butler: I'm glad you called!

I just want good players on D at this point. We'll find a way to get them on the field.

True, I think Galette and Wilson both have the skillset to play that SILB and SOLB position if necessary, Wilson moreso than Galette.

Give RR the talent, he'll figure out how to use it.

True, I think Galette and Wilson both have the skillset to play that SILB and SOLB position if necessary, Wilson moreso than Galette.

Give RR the talent, he'll figure out how to use it.

I'm not so sure I'd put Galette at SOLB. I'd defenitely keep him at WOLB and have Butler and Wilson compete at SOLB, with Wilson playing some ILB too.

June - 2011

Cowboys’ LB Victor Butler on Rob Ryan’s defense: ‘It’s crazy…You’ve got d-linemen lining up at the free safety spot’

By Rainer Sabin / Reporter
rsabin@dallasnews.com
2:47 pm on June 21, 2011

Victor Butler is a talkative type. But he was particularly effusive Tuesday when discussing the system that the Cowboys’ new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan plans to install.

“It’s crazy,” Butler, a reserve outside linebacker, said gleefully after speaking to a group of kids attending the Premier Football camp at John Paul II High School in Plano. “You’ve got d-linemen lining up at the free safety spot. I’d love to see Jay Ratliff line up where Alan Ball is. It sounds crazy but when you get out there and run it it makes a lot of sense. I am super excited. I was hoping for [organized team activities]. That’s how excited I was. Nobody hopes for OTAs. But I was hoping for OTAs so we can get in this defense and run this defense.”

[...]

“Crazy guy, great guy, a players’ coach,” Butler said of Ryan. “He knows his stuff. He knows the game of football.”

Cowboys

i doubt he gets out of Pittsburgh without a deal- they will sell him on playing for labeau, all the all pros that played that spot and how good they all were after stepping in

LeBeau thinks he's the replacement for James Harrison. What does that tell you? It would be a huge get.

This. When it comes to 3-4 pass rushers, Lebeau and Rex Ryan know about talent. If one of those two want you as starter, any other 3-4 team needing a pass rusher is stupid not to try to sign you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom