Holder: Vilma and Smith will cost Saints $7 mil this year whether on team or not (1 Viewer)

He's referring to the pay cuts they Saints have proposed....or they get released. I think they were each asked to be reduced to 2.5M each which would equal 7M.

There also hasn't been any reports, only suspicions about what they've been offered. I've heard around 3 mill a year each

Sorry if this is not new news. News to me.

For those who think Smith and Vilma should go, would you want to pay them a combined $7 million in 2013 for nothing? #Saints— Larry Holder (@LarryHolder) March 12, 2013

Let me clarify. It would be $7 million combined in cap costs whether you kept Vilma and Smith or cut them. #Saints— Larry Holder (@LarryHolder) March 12, 2013

Yes. They are not good players and having them on the roster takes up a spot a younger, better player could be using. Never keep a player because it is cheaper to keep him, only if he deserves to ne on the team.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Holder is wrong as usual, if they are designated June 1 cuts it will be about $4 mil this year. I can handle that. Next year they will count another $4 mil, but oh well!!

You might want to learn the term "wrong". This possibility does not make anything Larry said incorrect.

I'm not sure why people have to try to make the simplest things so difficult. We shouldn't have even had to look at the numbers to get the point. They are going to count against us regardless, why not at least attempt to get them to a number that allows us to get use out of the player.

You might want to learn the term "wrong". This possibility does not make anything Larry said incorrect.

I'm not sure why people have to try to make the simplest things so difficult. We shouldn't have even had to look at the numbers to get the point. They are going to count against us regardless, why not at least attempt to get them to a number that allows us to get use out of the player.

We look at the numbers because there's a big difference between 7 million and 20 million when it comes to cap. Lol

I am so tired of hearing some fans talk about "dead money" and how it affects the cap. The responses given to Holder are just as wrong as Holder's original tweet.

Not accurate. It's 7 million if cut, over 20 million if kept.

This is how the press affects public opinion. The information is correct that there will be approximately 7 million in dead money, but he does not mention the savings. I have to wonder if he has been contacted by their agents and asked to more or less whisper in the public's ear in an effort to get the Saints to increase the offer at the last minute. Public perception DOES mean something to the team.

This is how the press affects public opinion. The information is correct that there will be approximately 7 million in dead money, but he does not mention the savings. I have to wonder if he has been contacted by their agents and asked to more or less whisper in the public's ear in an effort to get the Saints to increase the offer at the last minute. Public perception DOES mean something to the team.

I guess the question is if any of their 2013 salaries are also guaranteed. That would be money the team is spending regardless, regardless of cap hit.

Yes. They are not good players and having them on the roster takes up a spot a younger, better player could be using. Never keep a player because it is cheaper to keep him, only if he deserves to ne on the team.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

According to bearze all the fo team management is remedial. Let's propose the firing of loomis, and we hire bearze. Fire the whole defense totally ignore the cap hits. The chances of whatever rookie we pick up being a bust. The chances of the free agents being busts. Make it happen bearze.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom