Holes left to fill (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
This isn't a list for posistional upgrades but where we've lost or cut and hasn't been replaced yet.

Backup QB

LT
DE or NT (depends on where Ryan puts Hicks)
2 OLBs
CB

Ben Watson takes care of the TE spot and is an impressive signing

This isn't a list for posistional upgrades but where we've lost or cut and hasn't been replaced yet.

Backup QB
#2 TE
LT
DE or NT (depends on where Ryan puts Hicks)
2 OLBs
1 ILB
CB

i thought we had Galette and Wilson as OLB's???

with Lofton, Vilma, and Hawthorne (who has played MLB in the past) why do we where's the whole at ILB???

didnt we just sign Keenan Lewis??? P Rob, Lewis, & Greer..... i think we're solid at CB :9:

For the most part the starters are solidified. Our biggest needs are now depth related on the defensive side. Upgrading a position is never a bad thing though.

i thought we had Galette and Wilson as OLB's???

with Lofton, Vilma, and Hawthorne (who has played MLB in the past) why do we where's the whole at ILB???

didnt we just sign Keenan Lewis??? P Rob, Lewis, & Greer..... i think we're solid at CB :9:

CB: We'll probably carry 5. Add White to that list, but Patrick's gone, Mack hasn't resigned, so we likely need one more (the other guys on the roster are unlikely to make the final 53).
ILB: We'll probably carry 8 total LBs, so another ILB would be nice, probably a ST contributor. Chamberlain MIGHT be an option here, but I expected him to get cut, we'll see.
OLB: Definitely 2 more here, as both Wilson and Gallette are unproven. I'd expect 1 in the draft and a FA veteran pickup.

Given that we have 5 draft picks, some interesting young guys coming off IR/PS years, and our previous successes with UDFAs, and I don't see any huge needs in FA.

I agree with Backup QB, #2 TE, LT, and DE/NT...

But I would clarify that 2 OLB - I think we really just need one, who is starter quality. Wilson/Galette will be good edge pass rushers, but not sure they are every down. If we get good starter on one side, and rotate Galette/Wilson at the other, I think we're good at OLB.

I think the ILB we need just has to be a backup. Nothing starter-quality.

And I think we're decent at CB. Lewis, Greer, P-Rob and if we can bring back White and Mack, I'm happy with that. Now, I wouldnt *mind* more upgrades, but I think its ok.

But I would clarify that 2 OLB - I think we really just need one, who is starter quality. Wilson/Galette will be good edge pass rushers, but not sure they are every down. If we get good starter on one side, and rotate Galette/Wilson at the other, I think we're good at OLB.

And I think we're decent at CB. Lewis, Greer, P-Rob and if we can bring back White and Mack, I'm happy with that. Now, I wouldnt *mind* more upgrades, but I think its ok.

We need depth at the LB spots period.

Given that neither Galette and Wilson are SAMs having only one player at the SAM is asking for disaster. You always go at least 2 deep at every single position on defense. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see us even end up with 9 total linebackers.

Well, with the Watson and Humber signings, our need for a #2 TE and ILB depth is taken care of. Not too many needs left...

The more moves Loomis makes, the more I think they are looking at drafting a OT at #15 in the draft. Cap space has got to be really limiting right now and any FA LT is gonna want a lot of money. Only other positions of "need" we have left are DE/NT, OLB, and a backup QB, but that'll probably end up being a vet. Loomis doing great work this offseason, as usual.

The more moves Loomis makes, the more I think they are looking at drafting a OT at #15 in the draft. Cap space has got to be really limiting right now and any FA LT is gonna want a lot of money. Only other positions of "need" we have left are DE/NT, OLB, and a backup QB, but that'll probably end up being a vet. Loomis doing great work this offseason, as usual.

Loomis has consistently filled NEEDS with Free Agents so that when the draft comes around they can draft BPA.

Well, with the Watson and Humber signings, our need for a #2 TE and ILB depth is taken care of. Not too many needs left...

Exactly.

I just don't think we go that high for an OT. Our history suggests we have eyes on guys in later rounds we think can develop. If anything, Loomis making these moves to me suggests that we should trade back and go Austin in the 1st LOL. If we only didn't need a pass rusher.

Exactly.

I just don't think we go that high for an OT. Our history suggests we have eyes on guys in later rounds we think can develop. If anything, Loomis making these moves to me suggests that we should trade back and go Austin in the 1st LOL. If we only didn't need a pass rusher.

If we got Austin I would be ecstatic, that guy is the ultimate game changer. Hopefully Loomis makes a few more moves before the draft to fill some needs, anyone have any idea how much cap space he has left to work with?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom