Holes left to fill (1 Viewer)

Holes To Fill for 200 Alex...

DHammond_as_Sean_Connery.jpg

Loomis has consistently filled NEEDS with Free Agents so that when the draft comes around they can draft BPA.

Yep, and when it all gets said and done we will even have some slots filled by UDFAs.

There pretty much is no position we cant get better at.

In order of need:

1. Left Tackle
2. Backup QB
3. Backup LB (versatile 3-4 who can inside or outside)
4. Backup DE

I am assuming we will re-sign Mack, so that takes care of the CB position.

In order of need:

1. Left Tackle
2. Backup QB
3. Backup LB (versatile 3-4 who can inside or outside)
4. Backup DE

I am assuming we will re-sign Mack, so that takes care of the CB position.

1) LT starter
3) SOLB starter
3) RT starter
4) Safety starter
5) OLB depth
6) NT/DE depth (depending on Hicks role)
7) QB depth

The next few days should really tell the tale, IMO. I get the feeling the FO is relatively happy with the starters on the DL but won't be surprised if they try to get some depth in FA. An OLB would really say a lot in FA but I don't know that there's enough cap space left to sign a quality OLB and a quality OT. In the past, they've really tried to get quality starters in every area then just draft BPA. If that's the case, I really expect them to try to spend their remaining cap space getting an OT so they won't be forced to go for one in the draft. If that happens, I'd be really happy to see them get one of the remaining OLB/DEs in the draft. If not, I think there's little choice but to pounce on the best available OT in the draft.

The interesting thing, though, is that even if they do get an OT in free agency, I still think they'd try to get an OLineman in the later rounds of the draft because they've had good success there before.

Anyone else think we need some depth and youth at the SS position?

Harper is getting old and his contract needs to be sorted, Bush is an ample backup but id like to draft a young prospect who has the potential to eventually become our starter.

With the most recent signings complete the biggest need I see is a veteran rush OLB. Dumervil would be ideal but I think Abraham is more realistic. Saints will add a QB at some point and head into the draft with a BPA strategy. The OT position is set but they will likely draft one and sign one or two UDFA tackles as well. It's the Saints MO every year. I'm fairly confident the LT for 2013 is currently on the squad.

Remaining needs in orders:

1. LT - I don't trust Charles Brown or Bryce Harris right now.
2. Rush OLB - need a playmaker here.
3. Rotational NT - Bunkley is the only true NT I see on the roster. Hicks will be at DE.
4. Playmaker Safety - don't see this happening since we've got a lot of $$ here now.
5. WR insurance in case Morgan and/or Toon don't replace Henderson.
6. Backup QB - but let's face it, season is over if our backup plays more than 1-2 games
7. Depth at OLB, OT (to push Strief), CB, WR.

The Saints don't value left tackle highly enough to draft one at 15, unless it's an extraordinary value (like say, something absurd like Joekel plummeting)

3rd round maybe. But I think the're going edge rusher in the first, or even safety.

With the most recent signings complete the biggest need I see is a veteran rush OLB. Dumervil would be ideal but I think Abraham is more realistic. Saints will add a QB at some point and head into the draft with a BPA strategy. The OT position is set but they will likely draft one and sign one or two UDFA tackles as well. It's the Saints MO every year. I'm fairly confident the LT for 2013 is currently on the squad.

I think they will wait till after the draft before they select a QB2...see who drafts whom and what possible cuts will be made. We will get a better price also.JMHO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom