Hollywood may officially be out of ideas (Sonic the Hedgehog - The Movie) (1 Viewer)

Its a kids movie, they didn't make this movie to win academy awards. They made it because they know kids will want to see it and their parents can get a little nostalgia... There have been a few animated series already, I'm sure Sonic still has a big following.

I can't wait to take my son to see this. I started playing Sonic when I was in the Army and my son has taken to loving the game as much as I did. We play it together all the time. I think he'll love it.

Well, how about that?
=================
If the Hollywood mantra for making blockbusters is “faster, faster, faster,” then the creators of “Sonic the Hedgehog” have wisely ignored it.

The little blue alien who can sprint quicker than the speed of light has ironically benefited from slowing it down, taking a pit stop to retool and emerge this month as a total crowd-pleaser.

Respectful of the rich history of the brand and yet welcoming to newcomers, “ Sonic the Hedgehog “ is a feel-good buddy movie for both adults and their own little aliens. “Nailed it!” screams Sonic at one point and that might be a fitting summary for the film......

So much thought has been put into the film that at the very beginning the Paramount logo substitutes its regular stars for Sonic’s golden rings.

A potential sequel is set-up during the end credits — as well as the glimpse of a familiar creature that fans are sure to get excited about.

The filmmakers might not have rushed making this film, but that’s no reason for you to press the brakes now.

“Sonic the Hedgehog,” a Paramount Pictures release, is rated PG for action, some violence, rude humor and brief mild language.

Running time: 99 minutes.

Three and a half stars out of four.........

NSFW video very NSFW... regarding remakes vs reboots...Just the first minute and a half..

Or the cleaner, and half version...

Not going to lie...I enjoyed this. Took my six year old to see it on premiere night as promised, and we both had a blast.

The treat they had for the closing credits was pretty fun too, as was the post-credits scene.

It'll be interesting to see what the masses think. Was it corny at times? Sure. But I was entertained.

Not going to lie...I enjoyed this. Took my six year old to see it on premiere night as promised, and we both had a blast.

The treat they had for the closing credits was pretty fun too, as was the post-credits scene.

It'll be interesting to see what the masses think. Was it corny at times? Sure. But I was entertained.
taking my kids tonight... based on the reviews, im actually looking forward to it

Wife,I and 6 year old son went last night,I turned my son onto sonic when he was about 4 and within 3 months he had beat the first 2 games on his own,so natrually hes been looking forward to this since it was announced.

I thought it was pretty good,fun movie. Jim Carey's character reminded me of a cross between Ace Ventura and Tony Stark. So glad they decided to redo Sonic from what they originally released.He isnt a perfect representation,but theres no question that youre looking at Sonic.

Son wants to see it again,and I have no problem with that.

6yo loved it. It’s actually not that bad, Jim Carey was entertaining. The whole theater cheered when tails showed up; guess that means Sonic 2.

I'm thankful I have a son to take to see this.
First, this is the first movie that my son actually sat through completely. He's autistic, so that's kinda hard but he pulled it off.
Second, this movie does not suck at all. This is a decently good movie. I had fun with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom