Holy crap it's Minority Report (1 Viewer)

I worked on a data analytics tool to predict the likelihood of folks on parole reoffending based on their behavior using the GPS data off their ankle tracker. The idea was by observing a few key data points on their behavior (charging their device, boundary and curfew violations, being on time to school and work) and comparing behavior to people who did reoffend we could predict when people were in danger of reoffending.

We built a compliance and risk score that was available to their probation officer and allowed the officer to proactively reach out when the risk score was high. It also allowed them to manage by exception focusing their energy on high risk offenders. I left the company before getting to see how well it worked, but I’ve heard through the grapevine it’s having good results with the sheriffs department that was serving as the pilot.

I worked on a data analytics tool to predict the likelihood of folks on parole reoffending based on their behavior using the GPS data off their ankle tracker. The idea was by observing a few key data points on their behavior (charging their device, boundary and curfew violations, being on time to school and work) and comparing behavior to people who did reoffend we could predict when people were in danger of reoffending.

We built a compliance and risk score that was available to their probation officer and allowed the officer to proactively reach out when the risk score was high. It also allowed them to manage by exception focusing their energy on high risk offenders. I left the company before getting to see how well it worked, but I’ve heard through the grapevine it’s having good results with the sheriffs department that was serving as the pilot.

Well sheet next thing you will reveal is that you were working on a project code names Skynet

If this was ever going to work (which it won't), I don't see "Florida Sheriffs" being the first to get it right.
If ol' Max couldn't get it right, darn skippy the Florida sheriff ain't going to.

1599830446275.png

If this was ever going to work (which it won't), I don't see "Florida Sheriffs" being the first to get it right.
i wouldn't be too sure - more than likely they will commit a crime (harassment, violating 4th amendment, et al) which would mean it works, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom