Holy**** Did you guys know that Weatherford plays for the Jets? (2 Viewers)

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
For those who have not heard the story Weatherford was thrown out of the lockerroom and off the team for a altercation with SP that went something like this:

SP- Steve why cant you punt the ball inside the 20? You were punting from the ******* 50!!!!?
Steve- If you could call a play that would get a first down I wouldnt have been punting!!!!
At that point all I know is that he was removed from the locker room and we signed that kicker who met us in London that SP thought was the luggage guy. lol If you dont believe me that is also the reason that kicker wore 7 and his name was a shade off of the gold that it was supposed to be...

I knew Weatherford punted for the Jets (last year he punted for Jacksonville). But I didn't know....

....the rest of the story.

Good Day

Yep...and Ben Graham (I believe his name is that...the Australian Rules Football player), the punter who kicked one game for us last year against the Chargers, punts for the Cards. Apparently...other teams like our castoff punters.

Wow. What I do know is that the Jets have been playing a similar musical chairs with punters too. I thought he got cut. Must have been the Cowboys scoreboard hitter they cut. But didn't they also sign pakulak too? Maybe they are trying to get the plays.

I always wondered why he was off the team for no apparent reason. We were having Kicker problems at the moment and I never noticed anything different than Barnhardt would do from Weatherford. No mistake that stuck out. But where did you hear this? You can't tease like that and not divulge more.

Wow. What I do know is that the Jets have been playing a similar musical chairs with punters too. I thought he got cut. Must have been the Cowboys scoreboard hitter they cut. But didn't they also sign pakulak too? Maybe they are trying to get the plays.

Trying to get punt plays?

:idunno:

At least we get to hear our lame announcer say his name one more time in that weird voice of his. "Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeve Weatherford", lol.

Cant tell you how I know that story but believe it I have no reson to make that one up. And just as backup Graham wore 7 because they literally gave him Weatherfords jersey because that is all they had. We went from Carolina to london without returning to NO last season. Why else would you switch punters at that time and then return from London and send Graham packing. The reason we brought him in is because he was in NY and Pakulak at that time was somewhere in the central US and it would have taken longer to get him to London.

I know Ben Graham used to wear #7 when he played for Geelong in the AFL, so that may have something to do with him using 7 for us too.
Not saying your story isnt true, just adding a little more

I remember a thread on the Chiefs board that was talking about how great Steve Weatherford was and how did the Saints let him get away and such. Oh man that was funny.

It does seem whenver we cut a punter he gets picked up (Weatherford, Graham, Pakulak) maybe they think that because we don't punt often that having our punter will cause them not to have to punt much either.

that is an awesome story if it is indeed true.
talk trash to SP and you can pack your bags.

:worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom