Home office remodeling is complete... (1 Viewer)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One project down, a few hundred to go...

Last week I told you guys that I got the floors in. Well now I've finished the trim work and painted everything... The result was surprisingly good...

Cudos to my wife and mom on picking the colors. They look great..

Here are some "Before" shots...
2236282876_38a93c564a_b.jpg

2213043444_e2f4fb6f43_b.jpg

And the "After"
2381963374_6902aa8360_b.jpg

2381969648_95d9b9acf1_b.jpg

nice kind of Restoration green color.

You are still in Japan, right?

nice kind of Restoration green color.

You are still in Japan, right?

No, I've been out of Japan for some time now. I live in the Dallas, TX area. I just go back to Japan every couple of years to visit the In-Laws. :)

Didn't you just ask about colors like 2 days ago? Man, I think I remember having only 1 job and no kids around. :hihi: Around here, if we start talking about remodeling a room, it would take us 6 months just to decide what color we'd paint it. And another 6 months to finally get a chance to buy the paint. And then probably another 6 months to get the first wall painted. :1zhelp:

Seriously, the room looks great. Much improvement.

Didn't you just ask about colors like 2 days ago? Man, I think I remember having only 1 job and no kids around. :hihi: Around here, if we start talking about remodeling a room, it would take us 6 months just to decide what color we'd paint it. And another 6 months to finally get a chance to buy the paint. And then probably another 6 months to get the first wall painted. :1zhelp:

Seriously, the room looks great. Much improvement.

Well, I ripped the carpets out of this room back in October and only installed the wood floors last week.

As for colors, well I was motivated to get this done because this room is my actual place of work. Trying to work from the kitchen island is a real PITA. Fortunately my Wife and my Mom are very aware of my tastes. I was thinking about green from the beginning but they confirmed that it was a good color and helped me narrow down the exact shade. I think I would still be thinking it over if they hadn't helped.

I see you have some wood floors. We just had some wood floors put in and one of the rooms is our office. Here are the floors.
Hardwood Flooring Species, Angelim, Jatoba, Mahogany, Walnut

My question is does your chair do any damage to your floors? I had a few extra pieces of wood from our job and rolled our chair over the wood. It did some damage so I'm nervous to put my chair in there without putting something on top of the wood first. How is your chair on the wood?

I see you have some wood floors. We just had some wood floors put in and one of the rooms is our office. Here are the floors.
Hardwood Flooring Species, Angelim, Jatoba, Mahogany, Walnut

My question is does your chair do any damage to your floors? I had a few extra pieces of wood from our job and rolled our chair over the wood. It did some damage so I'm nervous to put my chair in there without putting something on top of the wood first. How is your chair on the wood?

Well these are hand scrapped oak so they are kinda strong to begin with.

However, this weekend I'm going to buy a bamboo mat to put under my chair. Why risk it....

Well these are hand scrapped oak so they are kinda strong to begin with.

However, this weekend I'm going to buy a bamboo mat to put under my chair. Why risk it....

Exactly why my notebook is currently sitting on my breakfast table and not in the office, while my computer chair sits in the garage. Don't want to risk it until I get a mat. I just don't want one of these clear plastic mats.

Exactly why my notebook is currently sitting on my breakfast table and not in the office, while my computer chair sits in the garage. Don't want to risk it until I get a mat. I just don't want one of these clear plastic mats.

This is what I'm getting..

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11113722&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|50127|56615&N=4017603&Mo=57&No=16&ViewAll=58&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4489&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Rickboy,

You said that you work out of the house (must be nice), and by looking at your set-up, I'm guessing that your profession is something of either networking and/or computers? Oh and I also gathered that you play the gutiar, bet ya I can kick your butt on Gutiar Hero (ha ha).... You all did a great job on the remodeling....

That wall o geetars looks like our bedroom wall.

I love the wall color, but not enough Saints gear IMO.:D

Rickboy,

You said that you work out of the house (must be nice), and by looking at your set-up, I'm guessing that your profession is something of either networking and/or computers? Oh and I also gathered that you play the gutiar, bet ya I can kick your butt on Gutiar Hero (ha ha).... You all did a great job on the remodeling....

Yes you can kick my butt on Guitar Hero because I've never played it.. :)

My job has me doing a lot of virtual datacenter design and deployment. All of which I can do from home. At my last job I worked from home about 10 to 25% of the time even though I could do it 100% of the time. I got tired of trying to convince management of the savings in having everyone telecommute. So I quit as soon as I found a job that let me do all my work from home. Heck, it was even a higher paying job to boot. Additionally I save maybe 5000 to 6000 a year in gas and road tolls. That was like a tax free pay raise...

LOL at all the screens going on your computer desk. I like the wall of guitars. My office doesn't have a good wall for a set up like that. I can basically hang one, and the other two are in the closet.

The room looks much better. Good job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom